Main Menu

SEPTEMBER ART COMP - ROGUE TROOPER

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 02 September, 2016, 11:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

35 years ago this month squaxx dek thargo witnessed the birth of one of 2000 AD's most enduring characters: ROGUE TROOPER

So this month to honour this glorious occasion we'll wander the chem-choked lands of the battered Nu Earth and pay tribute to the greatest genetic infantryman ever grown! His full history and lineage is open to you - from the legendary beginnings, to 1990s "FRIDAY" reboot, to Mercy Height's Tor Cyan and right up into the sadly short-lived IDW series. The wider world is fascinating but lets focus purely on the blue chaps.

There will be a GN straight from the nerve centre for the winner of course, and one for Tharg's Choice - and there will also be a bonafide 2000 AD droid choosing their favourite entries! All entries will be viewable here, on our dedicated FB page, and also on the official 2000 AD Tumblr and Twitter!

Rules for the art comp are these:

- It must fit the theme.

- You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it.

- All entries have to be constructed specifically for this competition - so nothing you've done for anything else.

- You can enter either here or by directly putting it on our FB wall here: https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp/

YOU HAVE UNTIL THE 25TH OF SEPTEMBER WHERE WE SHALL KILL THE VOTING TRAITOR GENERAL

Jim_Campbell

Ooh. Original Rogue, like Dredd, is one of the few characters I can draw straight out of my head, without having to scuttle off to the Internet for reference. Such a great design.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JayzusB.Christ

Agree 100%; there was nothing quite like Rogue before him. The Friday redesign was a great idea for the Gibbons / Simpson one-off, but should have been quietly shelved after that.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

As with J. Alpha, to those about to attempt to draw Rogue's bumpy helmet, I salute you!

Goaty

Tjm86

Quote from: sheridan on 03 September, 2016, 02:52:38 PM
As with J. Alpha, to those about to attempt to draw Rogue's bumpy helmet, I salute you!

... and before anyone gets any daft ideas and starts another hissy fit, not that helmet! ::)

sheridan

Quote from: Tjm86 on 03 September, 2016, 04:22:29 PM
Quote from: sheridan on 03 September, 2016, 02:52:38 PM

... and before anyone gets any daft ideas and starts another hissy fit, not that helmet! ::)
Don't know what you mean...

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 03 September, 2016, 03:08:26 PM
Okay it my first try...

First Dredd, now even Helm is kosher, or a least riding with the top down.  Zionist plot, I tells ya.

Woolly

Once seen, cannot be unseen  :o
Goaty, you are Simon Davies, and I claim my five pounds...  ;)

Woolly

Also, thats a great image Goaty. (Should really have said that before  :-[)

-MikeD-

Quote from: Tordelback on 04 September, 2016, 07:47:44 AMFirst Dredd, now even Helm is kosher, or a least riding with the top down.  Zionist plot, I tells ya.
I'm glad it's not just me seeing these things.

Nic pic, Goaty! (yes, I said 'pic'  :D )

mightybren

strontium71

Someone needs to do a 'the ORIGINAL Rogue One!' piece  :)
...because I hate you.

mightybren

Rogue Judge

Quote from: mightybren on 05 September, 2016, 08:39:04 PM
How many times am I allowed to enter?

According to the above rules: "You can enter as many times as you like but bear in mind it will split your vote so it may not be worth it."

Both submissions are great Bren, I especially like your second - it really captures the Nu Earth atmosphere.