Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

He had to fly up to heaven because if he'd stayed, he'd have eventually had to eat brains.  And he was a good dude and didn't want that.  What a guy.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 February, 2010, 08:52:44 PM
Why not? Even Jesus was a kind of a zombie...

A kind of zombie!?!  He was Patient Zero!  Remember, he died to break the chains of death itself.  Only by eating His flesh  an ddrinking His blood can you achieve life after death.  He is (literally) Sweet Zombie Jesus.

Emperor

I'm afraid that angle has been covered quite a bit, there is even a film in the works called Zombie Jesus: Prince of Pieces, see:

http://zeejay.comicgenesis.com/
www.dreadcentral.com/news/33400/zombie-jesus-comic-book-prince-pieces-soon-be-risen

And they weren't even the ones I was thinking of when I went agoogling.

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 12 February, 2010, 08:49:21 PMThere are LEGS on that idea.  Christianity-friendly spin on the current zombie trend.

I even have a story this could fit into....

The gears are turning but, the pub is calling.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

In Orbit Every Monday

The exact reason for this piece escapes me now - a comp perhaps?

But now this JPEG is all that exists of the piece where I feel I first 'got' inking line art with brushes.

And that's why I have a positive attachment to it still.

My one major criticism in hindsight was the unnecessary Pshop. Something I can't change as I no longer have the digital files or original artwork.

To me the texturing of the clothing adds nothing. The halftone 'vertex' in back frames the figure well enough though.

Ol

staticgirl

Gibson - that linework is so full of life it bursts off my screen!

IOEM - I like the texture on his clothes - it gives that shiny shellsuit type fabric look to it (although you may not have wanted that!) :)

In Orbit Every Monday

Quote from: staticgirl on 13 February, 2010, 01:40:15 PM
IOEM - I like the texture on his clothes - it gives that shiny shellsuit type fabric look to it (although you may not have wanted that!) :)

IIRC that was something I was trying for.

Thing is - at around that time I'd found this one brush in Pshop - became obsessed with it - discovered how to tweak the values - wanted to use it in every image - kind of like a 'ketchup with everything' moment.

I can date pretty much everything I did back then down to that one brush.

Perhaps that's what it is - that bit just looks dated to me now.

Woolly

What a quality thread!
Was thinking earlier that i havent seen anything from Jimbo in a while, and then a double-whammy* of stunners!

Anyway, now theres a thread for it i'll post these up:

A demon design for a comic idea me and my mate have had..

And an album cover for another mate of mine.

*Apologies for the use of 'double-whammy', and apologies to those who 'knew i'd say that'...

Emperor

Coo there both damn fine - I want to see that comic, now!!

IOM - I agree with staticgirl, the effect works perfectly for the feel you were going for.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 February, 2010, 08:52:44 PM
Why not? Even Jesus was a kind of a zombie...

Priceless! Quote of the year! :lol:

Lovely work Woolly.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

johnnystress

I had the exact same thought

So I put on the ol' horsehair shirt and slept in the coal bunker last night to atone

Colin YNWA

There's a lot of great stuff on this thread but I LOVE that picture by In Orbit Every Monday.

mygrimmbrother

Managed to find time to draw today after all, although I ended up not drawing the things I should be - pah!

Zombie Bub, for your delectation:

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Johnnystress, they are fantastic and I'd love to see book filled with there, seriously amazing work.

Grim, that's brilliant and you have just brought back lots of fond memories of Day of the Dead, so thanks very much.

locustsofdeath!

That's a damn fine Bub. Damn fine.