Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

As promised, Slaine 'The Tomb of Terror' Pt 12, pg 4 by a Mr Fabry...

Greg M.

It's stuff like this that makes Fabry the greatest Slaine artist for me - the sheer character with which he imbues our hero. What a fantastic sneer!

Spikes

Who or what was "Euroman comics"? seen that stuck onto a lot of original art.

ming

Yeah, that's a great page for sure.  I'd love another Fabry Slaine page, but they don't seem to surface very often (and the one I have is hard to beat).

Looking forward to seeing the Talbot Nemesis!

hippynumber1

It was the sneer in the top panel that sold me the page, and you'll get the Nemesis tomorrow, but only if you be pure, be vigilant and, most importantly, behave!   :D

hippynumber1

Nemesis pin-up...

Still to come: Critchlow 'Flesh', Dolan 'Mean Machine', Dobbyn 'Strontium Dogs' and Belardinelli 'Future Shock'

hippynumber1

Oh, and a Starlord 'Planet of the Damned' page if it's 'allowed' and a couple of convention sketches if anyone's interested...

Greg M.

That Nemesis pin-up is an absolute cracker! Think it might also have been used as a cover for one of the 'Best of...' monthly issues.

ming

Nice Talbot Nemesis, hippy!  Starlord page and sketches - post 'em up.

I've only got a few sketches from a UKCAC many years ago, but it's a nice wee batch; Yeowell Zenith, Fabry Bricktop, Mike Collins Ukko, Liam Sharp Chopper and a great Colin Wilson Blueberry.  Oh, and a pair of Dredd sketches Cam sent me a couple of years back.

Shame I never get to any cons these days - just badly located...

Fatboydale

Love the Slaine ....lets swap  ;)

Anyways here's my Mongrol Study by Bisley ( f00king dimwit who damaged my sketch book ask CF )

hippynumber1

No swapses, no swapses, no swapses!  :lol:

Large48

Hey Dale,

From what I remember I thought Bisley improved upon it.....  :lol:

Mind you, you got a nice one from Nick Dyer up at Thought Bubble.
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

hippynumber1

This has been floating around on ebay for what seems like ages - I have a very vivid recollection of reading this episode of 'Planet of the Damned' in a newsagents in Reading when I was an impressionable 10 year old - especially the part where the woman drowns in her own saliva... Soooooooo cool!  :lol:

maryanddavid

I love that page, Ive been watching that on ebay for ages, have you bought it? If so well done that man!

David

hippynumber1

Indeed I have and neither the ebay photo or mine do it justice - the detail is just stunning...