Main Menu

This Forum

Started by LARF, 22 May, 2008, 03:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

+rufus+

Leigh as I stated before I'm not defending Gordon, Rebellion, Matt, or anyone else.

Personal slights aside, an eye for an eye is not the way forward.

Creators take criticisms on the chin all the time. They need not take abuse.

If you felt you'd been abused, bring it up with the Editorial channels, or the Writer, whom is contactable through this very accessible site.

I like 2000ad's fans, and appreciate every single one of them, as I'm sure Both the Editorial team and other creators do as well.

2000ad will thrive on HEALTHY dialogue... but stored resentments and sniping will not help anyone (I'm not referring to you sir, before you ask!!)

I want to see a Comic where creators, fans and editorial can all happily, and healthily, converse in a constructive way to better our galay's finest.

I'm not standing for public office by the way... ;-)

and Apologies if this all sounds like a lecture...

Yours sincerely,

Rufus..

House of Usher

Guh. Okay, I'll try. ;)

Postivism is an extension of empiricism. The scientific method is the only way to discover new knowledge. Postivists in social science think that you can study society and social phenomena objectively. They love statistics.

Interpretivism is where you try to get inside people's heads by imagining what it's like to be them and see things from their point of view. It's the preferred method of social anthropologists. Hermeneutics is interpretivism where it comes to analyzing texts. From this it's a short jump to trying to get into the head of the author through reading his work.
STRIKE !!!

+rufus+

Wow... social science explained! :-)

And now a picture to lighten the mood...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v467/mc1juve/?action=view¤t=PG1_COLOUR-2.jpg" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v467/mc1juve/PG1_COLOUR-2.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

Leigh S

"Leigh as I stated before I'm not defending Gordon, Rebellion, Matt, or anyone else.

Personal slights aside, an eye for an eye is not the way forward."

Totally agree, and I dont think I'm advocating that anywhere - but on one hand we have a strip that ascribes pretty unsavoury characeristics to identifiable people on this board - on the other we have a guy who thinks his recent prog is the worst in a decade and (dismissively, sure) explains why in a way which is much less personally abusive than the strip in question.  It's not even a little toe for an eye really! :)

I'm not arguing that cos Rebellion are offensive we should be too - you'll not find an offensive post from me following that little debacle, and I'd like to think you'd have to go a way back to find me being really mean - and then it was probably about Mark Millar!  I am arguing that Rebellion seem to be confrontational and aggressive when they'd do better to actually talk to us here rather than berate us as a group.

You ever have a boss who would rather punish everyone with a sheepdip policy that hit out randomly rather than face tackling the one or two bad eggs causing the problem?  That's how this feels to me.  I'm not against Rebellion laying down some terms of use (though I believe they might stop honest but reasonable criticism if they take things too far), but I think a better way to do it would be with some open dialogue, not a one off post threatening to pull the board if we don't all pull our socks up.

+rufus+

I'm more interested in not seeing a repeat of the obvious breakdown in comunication, (as opposed to how many offensive , or in fact any offensive posts have been made in the past, and by whom.)

If people want more dialogue with 2000ad then tell them!

Write in, email in, ask in another thread for 'Tharg's hour' or something.

But constant reiteration by recriminations is just dull!

Let's be proactive!

;-) ruf... not at all procrastinating over work...

+rufus+

'of' recriminations... not 'by'...... my apologies... I'm tired.

:-) R

Dog Deever

Rufus, yer diplomacy and the fact that you obviously care does you great credit. Now get back to work!

Bruce McLaren
(not the famous racing driver)

AKA Dog Deever
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

House of Usher

"we have a strip that ascribes pretty unsavoury characeristics to identifiable people on this board"

The most bizarre (and possibly offensive, I wouldn't know) aspect of that whole business was that the names of the geeks seem to have been chosen pretty much at random - unless there's something I'm missing - which could be read as contempt for fandom in general.
STRIKE !!!

Leigh S

"I'm more interested in not seeing a repeat of the obvious breakdown in communication"

Same here, which is why I want Rebellion to properly explain their stance, rather than run in, shout at one poster (whose opinion was harsh, but in no way personal nor without some explanation as to his grievance), intimate that many more are all equally blame and then vanish into the night.  If Rebellion have a problem with people expressing opinions in a particular way, or particular opinions, then tell us, then tell those people - as it is it's Judge Fish all over again! :)

Anyway, hoping that's my last post on this subject til we get whatever it is that Wake has for us!

Wake

Bad things are often more noticable and more memorable than good.

Some people (including both fans and creators) seem to hold, express and therefore spread the the view that this board is unfriendly towards creators, which can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. Someone looking for faults will inevitably be able to find them.

I think that this thread has probably reached it's useful limit, so please don't post any more to it unless you feel that you have something constructive to add. I would like to see it drift down the board, so that we can get back to a sense of normality, while bearing in mind what has been said here.

Once this thead is off the bottom, keep your eyes out for "It's a Droid's Life" (unless I think of a better name).

Cheers,

Wake

satchmo

Fair enough Wake, but before the thread dies I just wanted to say goodbye to everyone, I'm taking a break from the board for a while. I hope it's still here when I come back!
Grud bless us one and all.

mogzilla

Paul Armer .pleased to meet you all!its a boring name and you have to spell out the surname EVERY $%£@@~!ing time! so i'm sticking with the mogzilla unless thargys monkeys say otherwise.

purgebs

Sorry, I am fairly new here so this has probably been addressed, but:
And when it all decends into personal attacks on certain creators (see every thread ever started regarding Pat Mills), I think that's when a line needs to be drawn.

WTF? There may not even be a 2000ad if it wasn't for him. His contribution to the British comics industry is incomparable. I find it pretty sad if people are using this forum to make snide remarks about him.