Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZenArcade

Think Red Sea's is set in or around the person from the seven years war up until around 1785 character and costumewise. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

TordelBack

Yeah, that's it exactly. Late 1760s-Early 1770s would be my guess. Although with the proviso that this an alternate Earth to our own, where the term 'dinosaur' was in common usage a century early (oh alright, and a few other minor differences too).

Frank

I confidently assert, without fear of contradiction, that this represents the first time Brian Bolland has depicted Sláine. Turns out Brian Bolland's Sláine is a lot like Simon Bisley's Sláine with a more refined inking technique, but a first's a first, and a Brian Bolland first is firstier than almost any other first.

He's drawn Alpha lots and lots, and lots of times, sometimes more successfully than he's managed here, but Johnny's a tricky character, goddamit.

Again, I issue this statement knowing my words are as true as the kingfisher swooping to pluck its prey without disturbing the reflecting glass of the water, when I say that this is the first time Bolland has tackled the MKII lawgiver as well.

Bolland's crack at the now superseded MKII is much more on the mark, probably because he's working from Planet Replica's design (I wonder if Dan Carey-George bunged Bolland a freebie?). I don't know what Bolland was using as his model the last time he updated the look of the lawgiver, but I hope he gave it a wash first:

Colin YNWA

Nice little line-up there.Always happy to see Grey Suits and after the conclusion of the last Orlok I'm hoping this one works better episodically but I have hope.

Of course the others are a given (which until what a year ago I hadn't said about Slaine in a long, long time!)

James Stacey

Zenith 666

Was sure Absolom was to return in 1924 not Orlok.

Hawkmumbler

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I wanted more Absalom!

Leigh S

Always loved that 1983 annual Bolland Stront - definitely his best attempt at the character

Colin YNWA

Quote from: James Stacey on 15 March, 2015, 04:53:27 PM
Area not Suits fortunately

It is and that's also what I meant as well. Just as every there is a massive disconnect between what my brian* thinks and my fingers type. I've learnt to live with it and you lot always seem very forgiving.

*For once deliberate - honest.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 15 March, 2015, 06:09:23 PM
I've learnt to live with it and you lot always seem very forgiving.

It's cause we love you!

Cheers for the Prog 1924 promo Sauchie, it has engaged my anticipation circuits.

Can't wait for Slaine, personally.

Dash Decent

Now available for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Judge Dredd Classics: The Dark Judges
Hardcover, 120 pages, IDW Publishing, 25th August 2015
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

TordelBack

If there's one thing Judge Death and Judge Death Lives! needs it's a lick of paint.

J.Smith

Not an upcoming story or anything but I thought this was as good a place as any to post this little tweet from 2000AD:

https://twitter.com/2000AD/status/578547551781154817

Hooray, hooray. Think I and a few other people on the forums thought that would be a pretty neat addition to house these really nice books.

Somewhat related, regarding the limited bookplate Apex Edition that went up for pre-order yesterday, I asked over Twitter if, in the absence of an art print this time, the bookplate won't be like other publishers - not stuck to any of the book's pages / loose and separate from the book, doubling as a mini art print. Should hear back today on that apparently.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: J.Smith on 11 March, 2015, 04:44:20 PM
Yeah, I'm not big on reading my comics digitally but I have to admit that I'm very tempted to make an exception for these and would certainly pick up a Sinister Dexter and other like-minded collections.

Same here. I will definitely be making an exception for The Red Seas, it's an awesome series.

Dash Decent

Now listed for pre-order on Amazon UK:

The Grievous Journey of Ichabod Azrael (and the Dead Left in His Wake) - paperback, 178 pages, December 2015.  Let's hope it sees the light this time.

Aquila - paperback, 192 pages, 12th January 2016

Jaegir: Beasts Within - paperback, 128 pages, 6th October 2015 (following hot on the heels of Jaegir: the Enemy Within - paperback, 176 pages, 11th September 2015)

I'm sure this one has been mentioned but in case it hasn't been linked, the B format (AKA 'manga size' AKA pocket edition AKA my eyes are watering) digest that is  The V.C.'s: Hell in the Heavens - paperback, 144 pages, 18th June 2015.

And now back to Bob in the studio.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.