Main Menu

Meg 345

Started by Spaceghost, 15 February, 2014, 01:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Too shocked to type anything except, [spoiler]Anderson[/spoiler]? NOOOOOOO!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

IndigoPrime

Well, that was all pretty bloody fantastic.

Dredd starts off well, and immediately starts barreling along. Plenty of impact in art and script. A couple of solid text articles, and then DeMarco, showcasing that the character works really well when in the hands of someone who'll handle her with maturity. (But I do miss the monkey.)

Ordinary ends, which is disappointing on many levels. First, it's very definitely finite—it's done. Secondly, this was one of the real highlights of the Meg for me—I can never get enough of Brooker's art, and the script was excellent, witty and had heart. Fortunately, it certainly wasn't disappointing in and of itself, and I'm delighted to see a hardback collection now ready for pre-order on Amazon.

Ortiz gets a heartfelt obituary, and then we get Anderson. I more or less guessed the cliffhanger, but it still had shock value; and it feels in script and art like we're suddenly getting a very different Anderson—a grown-up and thoughtful take on a character that's been all over the place in tone.

Richard

I really like this Anderson story. Much better writing and a better plot than we've had in the last few years in my view, and I much prefer this artist's style to Book Cook's -- BC is ok but too cartoony for the darker stories, like someone said on the letters page. Looking forward to seeing where this is all heading.

Ordinary was fantastic, and not what I expected. I'm going to wait a few weeks and then re-read the whole thing in one go. Deserves to be made into a film. The most imaginative new take on superheroes since Watchmen.

8-Ball

Oh guys, don't tease. I have neither the space or the cash to get the prog each week but I don't mind shelling out for the meg. You lucky subbers have all got me salivating at the thought of what is coming up in the Anderson story.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Judge Brian

GAAAAAHHHH!!!

I have to wait until at least April 1st before I can read this. Stupid Diamond.

vzzbux

Quote from: Spaceghost on 15 February, 2014, 01:31:50 PM
Too shocked to type anything except, [spoiler]Anderson[/spoiler]? NOOOOOOO!
My sentiments exactly.
:( :'(

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ZenArcade

Gurrrrrr, I've to wait until we'd for this and the prog, I really must set up a subscription. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Dan Banks

Just plowed through the prog and meg back to back. There is only one thing to say isn't there?

"ANDERSON, YOU DAMNED FOOL!"

:(

Pete Wells

[spoiler]It woulda been a whole lot more powerful if we hadn't seen pictures of her in the forthcoming Judge Death story...[/spoiler]

Still a great story though!

Judge Brian

Quote from: Pete Wells on 16 February, 2014, 11:54:49 AM
[spoiler]It woulda been a whole lot more powerful if we hadn't seen pictures of her in the forthcoming Judge Death story...[/spoiler]

Still a great story though!

That story could take place before this one.

Hawkmumbler

I think it does actually. Wasn't the preview page by Staples when Anderson went to see Logan after he lost his hand to Mortis?

And i'm still several months behind on my meg and no money to catch up! Daaaammmmnnnn iiiiitttt!

moly

Great meg this month and Anderson was fantastic

Steve Green

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 16 February, 2014, 04:59:52 PM
I think it does actually. Wasn't the preview page by Staples when Anderson went to see Logan after he lost his hand to Mortis?

And i'm still several months behind on my meg and no money to catch up! Daaaammmmnnnn iiiiitttt!

Well it was originally going to be in 2013... so it either takes place before the current Anderson storyline, or Logan is a malingerer.

8-Ball

Quote from: Dan Banks on 16 February, 2014, 11:02:58 AM
Just plowed through the prog and meg back to back. There is only one thing to say isn't there?

"ANDERSON, YOU DAMNED FOOL!"

:(

It's not a [spoiler]Judge Corey [/spoiler] thing is it? No, don't tell me.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

ZenArcade

Yeah you b*****ds, put us out of our misery! :sick:
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead