Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

Nice to see an owner making the effort even if it's difficult rather than just walking on (which seems to be the way of things in parks round my way).  But yeah, that IS pretty funny.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

vzzbux

Youtube material, you would have had a million hits in a day.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

worldshown

...I've just discovered that my father's ashes have not, as previously thought, been scattered at the crematorium, but have been on a shelf at the funeral directors for the last three years.

Which should spug, but it now means that his ashes can be scattered with my mother's in a few weeks time.

Mike Gloady

That's oddly mixed news. 

Best thing about burying my mum was the fact I'd bought a double plot so she could be buried next to my dad.  Not exactly a "best" thing, but something that takes the sting out of life's horrible parts to some degree.  Thinking of you, mate.

uncle fester

...it appears today is "Play Your Music As Loud As You Can Day" in our block.

Except it's mostly classical music and a dash of Patsy Kline... In the grand scheme of things that could be a lot worse!

Peter Wolf

I thought that i had a day off from the course i am doing today but it turned out that i didnt but then the course finished @ 1pm so that was alright.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Robin Low

... thanks to a passing comment from Mel, I figured out what was going wrong with the Attwoods.

Regards

Robin

Dandontdare

Wasn't sure whether this counts as spugs/fantastic/impediments or okay....

Got back from business trip to Shetland islands last night.

Good points: Spectacular scenery; two days out of the office plus a bit of extra time-in-lieu; gorgeous country house hotel with delicious meal.
Bad points: complete waste of time me being there; terrible weather - had to drive hire car the 60 miles back to airport in total blizzard, zero visibility, lost control, went into a spin and ended up in a ditch at one point (some kind soul with a 4x4 and a tow rope pulled me out) and then spent the rest of the day in airports. four hours at Sumburgh ( a big shed basically) before the (propeller) plane took off in heavy snowstorm, and then another four and a half hours in Aberdeen. Got home at 11pm rather than 5.30 as planned.

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

Nice Roger.  Everytime one of my chums escapes justice I feel a joyous swelling of pride.  Come, join me in my sub-lunar base and wait for the heat to cool off.

The Monarch

True story my sister was also in this picture with me and my dad but she blinked

COMMANDO FORCES

She's quite tall, or you are both very short!

The Monarch

oh its on a plinth the two scottish guys are blocking it from view

Kerrin

Can't make up my mind if I like my new bike pedals or not. Did have DMR V8s but thought I'd try some different flatties and got some Atomlab GIs. Decisions, decisions. Ah well it'll be summer soon and the SPDs wil go back on. Fascinating eh?

The Legendary Shark

This must be what it feels like to be dyslexic.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]