Main Menu

Anyone for Mornington Crescent?

Started by SamuelAWilkinson, 14 January, 2009, 01:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LARF

I'm invoking Chigley's Rule No.5 and throwing in the windy millar. All stations are now scattered and it's Northern Line for the next five turns, starting with Angel travelling South. No more Chigley for 10 turns, and nobody mentions the Northern line after 5 until 20, only Trumpton can over rule with an Alphabet Castle and a Wizbit this away at Covent Garden.

Beat that suckers - haven't played this in years!!!!

SamuelAWilkinson

You clearly haven't played in years! Since Gobbett's Invocation, you can't throw in the windy millar unless at least three players have been in chigs and the twelth divot has been dropped in the spangler by any player who isn't immediately to your left (or right, on the continent).

Well, having said that, it does depend on whether we're playing Mornington Crescent League or Union.

Anyway, er, Heathrow Terminal Two.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Roger Godpleton

I assumed we were playing with the Elite Interstellar Confederation rule set, which is admittedly largely similar to Union but with a more voluptious interpretation of pyrokinesis.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Bouwel

I respond with Terminal 5, miss 5 goes, wait for 6 hours with nothing but a cold plastic cup of coffee and loose all your luggage.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

TheEdge

"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Grant Goggans

You need to be more specific when you call for 1920s rules: is this Kangaroo or Van Horne variant?  In either case, you've made South Harrow legal, so I'll take that.

SamuelAWilkinson

Well, technically Van Horne was discredited when it was discovered there was a loophole which allowed unscrupulous players to repeatedly divstart the prop-gatherers, which is of course a violation of the spirit of the game.

Anyway, Walford East.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

worldshown

Following the legal precedent set by Kneale v Keir (1967) after the controversial Morrell-Linder interpretation, I play...

Hobbs End.

Roger Godpleton

Well, by my count 11 people have partaked in this game, plus we've upset one cretin which permits me to invoke the arcane arts of the Lamperouge paradox which leads me to...

Great Portland Street.

Bouwel

Runs past being chased by a baying crowd armed with pitchforks and flaming torches after he said he didn't like 'The Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin'

Croxley via Epping!

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Proudhuff

I said it before and I'll say it again....

BANK
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Due to the earlier invocation of Chigley's Rule No.5, the recent Lamperouge paradox is, according to the Toksvig Variation, now in a state of chivalrous hiatus. This being so (and it is, because Chigley's Rule No. 5 was invoked rather than activated), I can see no other option at this point other than to declare "Monkeys!" and reverse dummy into Barking.

Of course, all main line stations are now wild.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Kerrin

A declaration of reversely dumbfounded Barking simians may have bemuddled my initial intention to pull a quick "Truelove's Parvenu". However if I temper that with use of a suitably diligent cusp then I believe Fairlop is the best move available to me.

The Legendary Shark

Ooh, excellent move there, Kerrin. A rather bold interpretation of the Arkwight Imperative, but as it doesn't contravene the (Revised) 1920s Rule Set or the Treaty of Vesimilitude, I'm prepared to allow it if the Throng agrees.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton