Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

opaque

So if you get the missing ones you could ask for anything ;)

Spikes

I wasnt thinking that, honest  :lol:

He has 2 or 3 lovely Fink pages by Mick McMahon. They'll do - for a start,  ;)

Skullmo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 08 March, 2013, 06:34:11 PM
Quote from: Judge Jack on 08 March, 2013, 05:47:19 PM
(Id love a page by Massimo at some point, though. Anyone got a Meltdown Man page they dont like anymore?)

Robbie Cox, late of this parish, owns all of Meltdown Man bar two pages (although he probably has those too since I last heard!), so... unlikely. S'why you never see MM pages come up for sale!

I'm not sure he has all of them does he - I know another collector who has a few pages.

Having a full strip would be absolutely amazing!
It's a joke. I was joking.

ming

Rob does indeed have the finest imaginable collection of Massimo's work... His Meltdown Man collection is stunning.  I had the chance at a MM page very recently but as I knew it would mean far more to Rob, and could be in no better hands, I pointed the seller in his direction (while retaining an option in case he refused it - yeah, right!).

People try and shaft Rob over prices for MM pages just because they know how much he loves this stuff, so it was nice to see him get a bargain for a change...  Rob's connection with Massimo is well-known, and I hate the idea of people holding him over a barrel because of it.  All's fair in love, war and art collecting, I guess.

Skullmo

Quote from: ming on 09 March, 2013, 06:29:04 AM
Rob does indeed have the finest imaginable collection of Massimo's work... His Meltdown Man collection is stunning.  I had the chance at a MM page very recently but as I knew it would mean far more to Rob, and could be in no better hands, I pointed the seller in his direction (while retaining an option in case he refused it - yeah, right!).

People try and shaft Rob over prices for MM pages just because they know how much he loves this stuff, so it was nice to see him get a bargain for a change...  Rob's connection with Massimo is well-known, and I hate the idea of people holding him over a barrel because of it.  All's fair in love, war and art collecting, I guess.

I quite agree. I would love him to get some of that art in some kind of show! I pester him to do it, especially the amazing colour Slaine stuff.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Youve earned maximum credit David, for passing that MM page onto Rob.  :thumbsup:

And all joshing aside, while id 100% love a Meltdown Man page - my favourite Massimo drawn story, id like to think id pass it on as well.

Yep, for some people comic art is just as much a business, as anything else. Which is understandable considering the prices some pieces can command.
But like you say its maybe different in Rob's case. When your down to the last few pieces to complete your collection, some peeps will use that as leverage. I think summat like that will always happen, regardless of what the item is. All goes back to the schoolyard and Pannini sticker collecting, i guess! Theres always somebody who has the last one you need, and will charge a premium,  :(

opaque

Quote from: Judge Jack on 09 March, 2013, 10:14:49 AMAll goes back to the schoolyard and Pannini sticker collecting, i guess! Theres always somebody who has the last one you need, and will charge a premium,  :(

But even more so as there is only one copy!

COMMANDO FORCES

And FREE delivery in the UK  :o

Colin YNWA

Love your item listing header there! Might confuse folk who don't know about the book, but great fun for those that do!

f4lke

NEW "The Judge Child", £4,71 and FREE UK Delivery: CLICK ME FOR MORE JUDGE CHILD
NEW "The Day the Law Died", £4,71 and FREE UK Delivery: CLICK ME FOR MORE DAYS WHEN THE LAW DIED

I hope I am doing this right. ;)

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

f4lke

NEW "Bec and Kawl: Bloody Students", price £0.01 and £2.80 UK Delivery: (Amazon) CLICK ME FOR MORE STUDENTS

By the way: Is there an official bargain thread? I'm not sure if this amazon link fit's in here so well.

Dr Feeley Good

Got this cracking painted Dredd piece up on ebay at the moment,item number 200905241615 ,finishes next weekend........