Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 26 May, 2013, 03:45:21 PM
Think Cursed edge fan film is selling their original Judge Dredd outfits ...lol ( not the current ones they are using on the trailers )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Judge-Dredd-costume-/261220222861?pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item3cd1f0478d

I wonder if they will sell the movie style codpiece separately . . .
It's a joke. I was joking.

Sideshow Bob

Now C'mon !!!!
They are having a laugh here....Aren't they !!??.....Bids starting at £250 !!!...
Please tell me no-one would buy those for £250....
Seriously WTF ??.... :D

Although on reflection, they are selling two helmets for this price,  but can't see enough detail to see how 'good' they are..... I can't work out a price for anything any more !!...
I'm maybe basing my negative thoughts on the Hershey uniform.......Can't remember her looking like that in the Comic ..
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Spikes

Quote from: Slad on 26 May, 2013, 10:16:04 AM
It's mine.
I'm selling to purchase a piece of contemporary art I have coveted for a long time.

And £413.00 it went for. Not a bad price, at all.
Anyone on here?

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 May, 2013, 08:03:12 PM
It's mine.
I'm selling to purchase a piece of contemporary art I have coveted for a long time.

Anyone on here?

was there not a debate recently that Ezquerra's art was not worth that much :P

Sideshow Bob

It's mine.

Anyone on here?

No,  not me...but that is quite a price......£400+  for a B/W piece .....hmmmmnn ....( thinks back to other threads about art 'prices', I was involved in )....Damm !! you beat me to it Skullmo.....While I was typing my reply as well....   Albeit it's a fabulous piece of Carlos' early work.... :).
Well done Slad,...hope you get the piece of contemporary art you're lusting after..
Cheers.
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 26 May, 2013, 08:41:24 PM
It's mine.

Anyone on here?

There's been many debates on here.
But its a fair to say that until relatively recently (last couple of years, if that) Carlos' art didnt go for big money. Always made me scratch my head, that.

Skullmo

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 26 May, 2013, 08:43:33 PM
It's mine.

Anyone on here?

I think it is worth it, Carlos is one of the finest artists on the planet!
No,  not me...but that is quite a price......£400+  for a B/W piece .....hmmmmnn ....( thinks back to other threads about art 'prices', I was involved in )....Damm !! you beat me to it Skullmo.....While I was typing my reply as well....   Albeit it's a fabulous piece of Carlos' early work.... :).
Well done Slad,...hope you get the piece of contemporary art you're lusting after..
Cheers.

opaque

There does seem to be more people with more money available these days as well.
I do wonder why that is.

sheldipez

Quote from: Judge Jack on 26 May, 2013, 08:59:11 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 26 May, 2013, 08:41:24 PM
It's mine.

Anyone on here?

There's been many debates on here.
But its a fair to say that until relatively recently (last couple of years, if that) Carlos' art didnt go for big money. Always made me scratch my head, that.

I've never seen this discussion so don't mean to open a can of worms or restart any debate but was there any specific reason why? Literally scratching my head myself.

Fatboydale

Quote from: opaque on 26 May, 2013, 09:13:26 PM
I do wonder why that is.

why have money in the bank and earn nothing ..... not saying artwork will go up in value , but it might ...

Skullmo

Quote from: Fatboydale on 26 May, 2013, 09:18:29 PM
Quote from: opaque on 26 May, 2013, 09:13:26 PM
I do wonder why that is.

why have money in the bank and earn nothing ..... not saying artwork will go up in value , but it might ...

The value of your artwork can go up as well as down!

opaque

Quote from: Fatboydale on 26 May, 2013, 09:18:29 PM

Money in the bank? What's that?

malak brood

QuoteQuote from: opaque on Today at 09:13:26 PM
I do wonder why that is.

Maybe its just me, but I figured it went cheaply!! Carlos early work is just so awesome......whoever picked it up did well. (no, not me.....)

ming

Quote from: malak brood on 26 May, 2013, 10:37:20 PM
QuoteQuote from: opaque on Today at 09:13:26 PM
I do wonder why that is.

Maybe its just me, but I figured it went cheaply!! Carlos early work is just so awesome......whoever picked it up did well. (no, not me.....)

Yeah, it's just you.  Prices have gone way, way up even in the few short years since I started collecting - driven as much by sellers as by buyers in some cases.

Simon Beigh

Being new to the world of collecting comic art, I'm finding this discussion very interesting. Like you all, I was tracking the Ezquerra art and my thinking was "mis-spelt Ezquerra, so might be in with a shout on this piece". Once it moved past £200, it went beyond my budget, but I always expected it would go for more...

There's an old saying that something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Nowhere does this apply more than in the art world. When you compare this Ezquerra piece to the Mike McMahon set going for £10,000 on eBay at the moment (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-3-FULL-STORY-2ND-JUDGE-DREDD-ORIGINAL-COMIC-ART-/130851254824) (ok, it's historically interesting and a complete set, but still...) or the Bolland on US eBay for $5,500 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bolland-Brian-2000-AD-182-SPLASH-Original-Art-DREDD-/310321986010) and it looks a bargain!

I would like a piece of Dredd from Bolland, McMahon, Ezquerra and Ron Smith. One out of four ain't bad (I have a Smith) but I fear the others will be forever beyond my reach without some serious saving and fibbing to the missus  :D