Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Hi again Simeon

If you're interested in an Ezquerra the man is taking on commissions at the moment starting at very reasonable prices.  I had this done and have never been happier.  I'm sure Iain (Judge Jack) will be more than happy to repost his Dredd commission too...

Simon Beigh

Lovely commission. Really nice. Hmmmm. Might be the way forwards...

How does one get in touch with Mr Ezquerra? Does he have a website? I have done a quick search, but can't find anything specific.

Thanks,
Simeon

hippynumber1

Not wanting to step on anyone's toes, drop Skullmo a PM and he'll sort you...  ;)

malak brood

QuoteYeah, it's just you.  Prices have gone way, way up even in the few short years since I started collecting - driven as much by sellers as by buyers in some cases.
I'm not saying 413 is cheap, but I thought it may go for 500 or so.  Let's face it, the Golden age key artists have less (little) art left that they are willing to let go in their own collections.  The good stuff is in private collections and the owners are not keen to surrender their pieces, so the prices are unlikely to drop.  I don't think that things are owned by people who in the main 'need the money', otherwise, lets face it, there would certainly be more for sale right now!........ :)

torque

Just message Carlos on Facebook, no middle man required.

Pete Wells

Yep, I've got a Carlos commission in progress! It's a recreation of Prog 333's cover ("Um... Synthi Sausage!) with two subtle differences, can you guess 'em?

Here's the original...

Those who are on Facebook should definitely go to Carlos' Page, click on his albums and immerse themselves in two albums of glorious commissions.

Spikes

When i started collecting (2010) a Apocalypse War page had a price tag of £250/300. No doubt those with even longer memories will recall pages going for £40! Now they seem to hover around £400/600 mark - depending where you buy them. E-bay has been the cheaper option, of late.
Thought the Starborn thing page would go for around the £350/400 mark, though as always E-bay is a gamble. And the fact it had a 99p starting bid would make it more attractive to buyers, instead of having a quite high BIN/starting bid price. Plus(!) is was a vintage Black and White page - always more desirable, imo.

Anyway, did anyone see this (not quite as nice as my own) NM Prog One  on offer? £83.50 all told. About right?

And nice one Pete, though you'd given me the heads up on this, i cant wait to see the completed commission. Carlos is a joy, and ill readily recommend anyone to get a commish form him!

hippynumber1

Carlos is a lovely bloke and DAMN he works fast!  :o

Simon Beigh

Those who are on Facebook should definitely go to Carlos' Page, click on his albums and immerse themselves in two albums of glorious commissions.

There seem to be a couple (at least) of Ezquerra pages on Facebook, and I'm not sure which is the right one. Can some post a link please.

Appreciate I'm probably being thick, but I'll blame the stinking cold I have right now...

Cheers,
Simeon

Skullmo

Quote from: torque on 27 May, 2013, 11:58:29 AM
Just message Carlos on Facebook, no middle man required.

Thanks Torque.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Sideshow Bob

Just thought folks on here may be interested in a couple of 2000AD sketches for Sale on eBay....
They are not mine I hasten to add, just saw them while perusing comic artwork...They look as if they may be Convention Sketches but I'm not sure..

There is : 
Torquemada Sketch : by Chris Weston....No bids yet..www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390601422382
Zenith Sketch : by Steve Yeowell...No bids yet..www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390601422862
Nemesis Sketch : by Henry Flint...No bids yet..www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390601423421
Dredd Sketch : by Dean Ormston..No bids yet..www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390601423148

Some collectors may be interested...
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Link Prime

Thanks for the heads-up Bob, the Flint Nemesis page is very nice.

Sideshow Bob

No problem Link,
Out of all the pieces,  I reckoned the Henry Flint looked 'the best, and well worth a 'bid'...
But I'm skint again, so I won't be bidding.......
I've got a commission of my own due to arrive soon.......but not one of Carlos'.....Will post on forum when it arrives.... :D
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Simon Beigh

Just had these arrive in the post bought off eBay. Paid 75p more than their cover price, which is less than a poorer condition 1st Collection I bought a while ago! If one you lot sold me these, then thanks very much, I'm really quite happy.

Spikes

Always nice to get summat on the cheap. They look to be in nice condition, as well.
Somebody was selling the full set of these, and signed by Ron, on the 'bay, not long ago.