Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wake

In case anybody spots this and wonders, this auction is not for the original Brett Ewins artwork for the Billion Credit Caper, since I still have it (available for sale at the right price, which is a lot more than £1000 for the complete 10 page story).

Spikes

Now forgive me if im being a bit slow, but is that seller trying to pass off the 2000ad special as original art?  :lol:

hippynumber1

Looks like that to me - £1000 for the 1979 Sci-Fi Special!

Link Prime

Someone should inform the dope.

Wake

Quote from: Judge Jack on 18 June, 2013, 04:52:18 PM
Now forgive me if im being a bit slow, but is that seller trying to pass off the 2000ad special as original art?  :lol:

He doesn't actually call it original art and the other photos clearly show printed pages, but I was confused for a moment. It looks to me like the special is missing it's cover.

Spikes

He's a cheeky bugger, thats what he is,  ;)
But congrats on actually owning the complete strip of original art for the Dredd story, Wake. Good stuff!

Skullmo

I might see if he wants to do a swap for my complete pinboing wizard story!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Spikes

Hey! Ive got one of those as well. Small world, innit.

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 18 June, 2013, 05:57:00 PM
Hey! Ive got one of those as well. Small world, innit.

Mine is worth more, it's a first print.

Sideshow Bob

Now I know when I'm trying to value Artwork for Sale....I struggle a little in getting a 'correct' valuation......BUT ...I reckon I'm usually 'there or there about'.....
And I know Original Progs with gifts attached can fetch several hundred pounds or even more....as shown on eBay recently.....

BUT....WTF !!???

£1,000 ......I actually had to go back and look at it several times, because on first read through I thought it was the original artwork.........Now, please correct me if I'm wrong here.......But that price is ridiculous ....Isn't it ??......No one would ever pay that.......Would they ???
.......Tricky stuff 'pricing' this 'art' stuff............ :lol:

Maybe he meant to put £100....... ::)
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Even £100 is taking the piss! Maybe he meant £10 and got finger tourettes!

Spikes

Quote from: Skullmo on 18 June, 2013, 05:58:52 PM
Mine is worth more

True, as i had to burn mine, and id get nowt for a pile of ash. Just couldnt stand to look at those yellow elbow pads a minute longer...

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 18 June, 2013, 06:35:20 PM
Even £100 is taking the piss! Maybe he meant £10 and got finger tourettes!

You're a very bbbaaaadddd man...... :lol:
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Skullmo

Quote from: Judge Jack on 18 June, 2013, 06:37:27 PM
Quote from: Skullmo on 18 June, 2013, 05:58:52 PM
Mine is worth more

True, as i had to burn mine, and id get nowt for a pile of ash. Just couldnt stand to look at those yellow elbow pads a minute longer...
You think Mark Macmahon could have got the elbow pads the correct shade of blue, after all he did create Judge Dredd!

judgerussell

I sent the guy a message. He genuinely seems just a bit of a dope. He thought he had a real gem, as he couldn't find out anything about it online. He inherited about 40 old comics and thought he was on to a winner.

I informed him that a thousand pounds is a bit high, cos it's only worth 4 or 5 quid if he was lucky.

He said when I told him the more realistic price, his wife laughed her head off at him.