Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgerufian

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 16 August, 2013, 11:34:18 PM
With the dashes along the bottom, could it be the cutout reprint of Prog 1 given away with Progs 300-303.

filip

Yep definately the reprint. The buyer is going to be rather annoyed at being taken for a ride and shame on the seller!

Simon Beigh

Quote from: Skullmo on 19 August, 2013, 12:12:36 PM
Quote from: SimeonB on 18 August, 2013, 08:46:23 PM
And another... At first I thought it was supposed to be a caricature, like the ones Owen does. But - um - it really is supposed to be Dredd...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Judge-Dredd-comic-art-done-by-Cristian-Santos-/181198538403

And you laughed at my Dredd!

Careful - people may be curious to see your Dredd. I might get requests to scan it in and post it into several forum threads... ;)

Skullmo

No chance. No one wants to see my art because I'm not famous :'-(
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

Arh but I didn't touch a PoTA comic pre Boom! if I'm honest. Really would like to see the Marvel stuff reprinted though as that looks very interesting... did I hear a rumour that was happening or have I been dreaming again?

Link Prime

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

opaque

£110 each?

I'm in the money if they sell, I have 31 Gibson Daily Star strips! ;)

Simon Beigh

There have been a few sellers of artwork chancing their arm on eBay of late. Tread with caution, people...

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: SimeonB on 21 August, 2013, 08:37:36 AM
There have been a few sellers of artwork chancing their arm on eBay of late. Tread with caution, people...

Yep, agree with that SimeonB....
While it's always good to know that your artwork has a 'true financial value' ( whether or not you ever plan to sell it ) it sometimes seems a bit ridiculous the prices that are being asked....
So it's back to that old chestnut about what is artwork 'worth' again......

As an example,  there is a 2000AD Sean Phillips published front cover in acrylics on ebay at the moment,  and it's £300....It's a fabulous piece ( but not my thing, despite loving his work ) but it's not a bad starting price for a fully painted cover........There is also Henry Flint,  6 full sized pages story,  going for £450,  Some Charlie Adlard Nicoli Dante pieces for £35, A Boo Cook cover for £175,  and a great Ron Turner page for £295..... and many more.....and all these prices seem reasonable to me....but these Dredd strips are going for £110 each...
While they are good,  I ( personally ) don't think they are worth that,  and at a rough estimate I would say £50 - £70 each....That's the price I would be 'happy' to pay for each one.....
I suppose it's again, an 'in the eye of the beholder' thing,  but prices do seem to be a 'bit skewed' at the moment....
Buyers take care......It's all too easy to get caught by the 'buying bug' !!!...... 
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Spikes

Lets see how many sell....

hippynumber1

The title page has already gone; I imagine they'll find the others even harder to sell at that price without it...

maryanddavid

Not ebay, the Compal auction. Some interesting bits on it especially this Stront page form the first issues of Starlord, with possibly a low reserve for a page of that vintage?

http://www.compalcomics.com/catalogue/lot139.htm

Spikes

Dont think ive come across that site before. Now bookmarked!
And thats a interesting page. The big 2000ad art seller Ian Senior used to own this, guess it must have sold, unless its him selling it?
Anyway, the story Ian told was that the original idea was that the full episode was to be coloured - as opposed to just the DPS, by Carlos, but that idea was cancelled by the editorial team. But not before Carlos had already started. Hence why its only half completed.

maryanddavid

Compal are on the go for years, always have interesting bits.
Ian Senior, that a name from a while back. Mary bought me a painted Staples Sin/Dex page off him as a wedding pressie many years ago.
I found a catalogue from about 15 years ago recently with Belardinelli paged for a fiver and Simth pages for something like £15. If I find it again Ill post page here. I didnt but any because I had started building the house IIRC.