Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Beigh

Does anyone know of the story line: "Hot babe and robot Judge Dredd"... :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm//111132976763

hippynumber1

The seller's an idiot; that's on Marvel Comics art 'board'!

Skullmo

That is my grail page
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 22 August, 2013, 09:54:43 AM
The seller's an idiot

Not to mention the hilarious asking price of $399.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Link Prime on 22 August, 2013, 12:48:13 PM
Quote from: hippynumber1 on 22 August, 2013, 09:54:43 AM
The seller's an idiot

Not to mention the hilarious asking price of $399.

It's all getting a bit weird at the moment....
Strangely 'inflated' prices and other pieces priced more realistically,  and some really 'odd' pieces appearing....
People realising that original artwork is worth ( a bit of ) cash, or people just 'chancing their luck'....??
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Recrewt

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 22 August, 2013, 02:23:04 PM

It's all getting a bit weird at the moment....
Strangely 'inflated' prices and other pieces priced more realistically,  and some really 'odd' pieces appearing....
People realising that original artwork is worth ( a bit of ) cash, or people just 'chancing their luck'....??
Cheers

People seem to assume that comic art is worth more than it actually is.  It's the same with old 2000ad Progs as was demonstrated by that Prog 800-odd which came with a pencil - up for £80.  After a while of watching art on ebay you start to see trends with artwork going through several un-bid auctions and the price keeps coming down. 

The biggest problem is folks have got something, search ebay to see what it's worth and then price accordingly.  The mistake there is that they should search ebay FOR COMPLETED AUCTIONS as that is what shows you what something is worth.  ::)

Skullmo

I'd say the original art market is strong, but that there are very few people who will splash out more than £100 on a piece of art (understandably).

It's a joke. I was joking.

Andy_Lee

Quote from: maryanddavid on 23 August, 2013, 02:51:54 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/X-Static-1-rare-comics-fanzine-1992-2000AD-Zenith-Grant-Morrison-Mark-Millar-/400552314405?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_Comic_Magazines_ET&hash=item5d42c74625

That seller (ewan_b) has been posting some interesting stuff, a lifetime of similar interests. If only I didn't have a pallet full of paper in my garage I also need to get rid of sometime.

strontium71

...because I hate you.

opaque

Well there is a supply and demand issue isn't there.

Simon Beigh

strontium71

Jeeez - nearly £400 for the pair at the moment!
...because I hate you.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: strontium71 on 25 August, 2013, 07:28:08 PM
Jeeez - nearly £400 for the pair at the moment!

Now,  I must say I'm really surprised at the price these are going for !!.....About £400 for the two....??!!  :o

I realise they are fairly 'limited', but they are posters after all ......... not original artwork...!!.....
Anyone on here with these in their collection should / may consider selling and buying a piece of original artwork..........or am I wrong ??
I'm not being overtly judgemental, ( It's only my opinion ) but got to say this really does surprise me..
Obviously there were several posters printed during the 'print run' so how many posters were there in circulation ?... I realise only a 'limited' number may have survived,  but £220 for one ??

Anyone any theories ??, or am I just 'mistaken' on prices again ?? .... :lol:, but I'd rather spend the £200+  on a piece of published original artwork, that you know is unique.....
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890