Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

The worst thing for me is that just before I started collecting full-time , I had these two posters up on the wall - Not long later they were just torn down to make room for some film posters  :'(
...because I hate you.

Simon Beigh

It's particularly odd because one of our own, paulvonscott, sold his recently on eBay and got £31 for his Dredd:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151048887523#ht_0wt_0

And I really had a good hard think before letting it go. Has the market in door posters suddenly lept in the last 3 months?

strontium71

Almost £650 for them both , come the end  :o

It wouldn't surprise me to see a spate of people putting theirs up now , in the hope of getting the same.
That is just an awful amount to spend on a poster though. Still...each to their own.
...because I hate you.

opaque

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 25 August, 2013, 07:48:21 PMAnyone any theories ??, or am I just 'mistaken' on prices again ?? .... :lol:, but I'd rather spend the £200+  on a piece of published original artwork, that you know is unique.....
Cheers

Totally agree, but maybe some people have what they want and then move onto the more ephemeral things. You don't know how many of these posters exist, especially in good condition. Also suppose if you know a certain piece of artwork exists/who has it etc then you could always get that later but these posters aren't so common?

I just had a quick look and the Nemesis, Halo and Dredd posters I have in my chest are folded over and not in great condition as I actually had them on my wall for years when I was younger. Not going to be worth as much and you'd never be able to replace them for the amount you'd get, if ever.

Fatboydale

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Fatboydale on 26 August, 2013, 12:02:03 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190891677821?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Selling some of the family silver ....

A very nice piece Dale, but £600 ?? for an B/W interior page !!
I know it's a Nemesis piece, and that usually sells well,  and I do like Jesus Redondos' stuff ( a very under rated Artist in my opinion ), but I still think that's a bit expensive........But what do I know ??
But best of luck with your sale anyway .....
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Fatboydale

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 26 August, 2013, 03:27:43 AM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190891677821?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

bit expensive........But what do I know ??

I really should not have bit at your silly comment .... but !!!!

Lol you hit it on the head with that comment above.... i still giggle when i look at your email asking for £8,000 for the McMahon Dredd cover and saying there was loads of interest .... and trying to sell Peter Doherty Death pages for £500 + , he's still selling them at £60 each ... LOL ....

So for me to to sell a vintage page and possibly one of the best pages by Jesus's Nemesis story for a reasonal price , tuck your neck in lad ....

Spikes

It is a most lovely page, and you'll know Dale, that we had a conversation about it, but good luck with the sale!

Acid for Blood

Those Nemesis pages are great. If I could afford it I'd be all over it but I'm sure someone will nab them. I especially like the Talbot page where he kills a busload of kids and doesn't give a flying crap.

blackmocco

Fuck me Dale, I'd kill kittens for that O'Neill Nemesis page. Have the page after it hanging over my desk at home. Oy vey.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Fatboydale on 26 August, 2013, 12:45:30 PM
Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 26 August, 2013, 03:27:43 AM

A bit expensive........But what do I know ??

I really should not have bit at your silly comment .... but !!!!

So for me to to sell a vintage page and possibly one of the best pages by Jesus's Nemesis story for a reasonal price , tuck your neck in lad ....

Lets get things straight here Dale.......I made a comment, in all honesty,  that I thought that £600 for a Jesus Redondo B/W piece of Nemesis artwork was a  bit expensive.........As far as I'm aware there is nothing wrong with saying that,  as it's just my opinion.......But it's not a 'silly' comment...
If you look further back in the thread you'll see several people have commented on prices for artwork, so I don't see I've said anything 'out of order'...

And, If you happened to read all of my comments,  you would see that I wished you luck on your sale,  but you are the one who is back to 'personal' comments........
I take it from what you say here,  that your opinion 'on prices' for artwork is the only one that matters,  and no one should disagree otherwise they are ridiculed......

This is the second time you've had a go at me....and to be honest I'm getting a bit pissed off......
As far as I'm aware you do not run this forum, and have no 'special' privileges, so try and keep it civil !!

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

ming

Art prices are notoriously tricky to negotiate but Dale probably has more experience of buying and selling art than the rest of us put together.  Having said that, I think the prices for these latest, relatively 'high-end', pages (which are all fantastic, by the way) have raised a few eyebrows - they're not outrageous (apart from the O'Neill Nemesis ;)) - but are at the higher end of what I'd* expect them to go for (maybe above that in the case of the Redondo page).  Still, Dale knows his business and they may well sell (or get offers close to the asking prices).

Good luck with the sale, Dale - some beautiful art there.

* Then again, what do I know?  :lol:

Ghost MacRoth

It is a beautiful piece, but not cheap, that's for sure.  However, look at those Bolland posters that just sold!  There may well be some jammy git out there who thinks 600 is a bargain, as it's only a day or so's wages! 

Prices are ultimately set by the seller, after which it's just a matter of who's flush enough to pay the piper?  I concur with Bob in wishing good luck in the sale, but unfortunately I'll not be the buyer, as I am not that wealthy! :(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Sideshow Bob

Ming, ( and Mr MacRoth )
Agree with all that you've said as regards the price Dale is asking for the Redondo page...and the other ones.....I know that he has more experience buying and selling than anyone here.....He is an 'art dealer' after all.......That's not the point ....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on this forum, and that's what makes it such a great place to hang out....However, I expressed an opinion that the Redondo ( the only piece I mentioned ), was a bit expensive......Now whether I am right or wrong there is no reason to be ridiculed just because I disagree..

I also wished him luck on the sale, so I'm being civil and not doing anything wrong or making 'silly' remarks....Just getting a bit tired of his disparaging comments to anyone who disagrees...

Cheers