Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost MacRoth

Hey, if I got annoyed by snippy comments off the internet, I'd have killed hundreds of people by now.  :D  I tend to simply ignore those who I feel are talking out of a lower hole than their mouth. ;)
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Fatboydale

Bugger i'm off somebody else xmas card list .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was going to write a long and protracted response , but i can't be arsed , gonna watch an Antique Roadshow and correctly guess all the wild and high prices ... ;)

@ Ghost MacRoth .... right on man , it the internet !!!!

Spikes

All this free publicity Dale - that's gotta be worth £600 on its own,  ;)

And Lordy! Those two Bolland posters....  :o Just had chance to check the prices!

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 26 August, 2013, 07:16:36 PM
I tend to simply ignore those who I feel are talking out of a lower hole than their mouth. ;)

Good advice Mr MacRoth, I'll take it onboard,  and just ignore the self important p***k, person who annoyed me..... :lol:

Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Ghost MacRoth

Proper LOL moment!  Nearly spilled my Magners!!   :lol:
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

smiffy

Quote from: Sideshow Bobjust ignore the self important p***k

Dale's from Yorkshire. That's just the way they are up there.

Internet drama aside, Jesús Redondo Román is a very under-rated artist and I can understand someone asking for £600 for that page. Great page but out of my budget -- but that's why I only own a couple of Redondo pages from Princess Tina rather than from 2000ad.

Fatboydale

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 26 August, 2013, 07:25:28 PM
Quote from: Ghost MacRoth on 26 August, 2013, 07:16:36 PM
I tend to simply ignore those who I feel are talking out of a lower hole than their mouth. ;)

Good advice Mr MacRoth, I'll take it onboard,  and just ignore the self important p***k, person who annoyed me..... :lol:

Cheers

Not been Civil here , and its a silly road to go down ......not in a single thread did i get personal , i just remarked about your Naivety about artwork .... even thou i gave you a master class at the start , which you did not trust or take any advice ...

Spent 2 mins of my life to write this .... what a waste , i could have guess what the 18th century painting cost ..... ggggrrrrr

Sideshow Bob

Glad you were amused Mr MacRoth......
Very partial to a Cider ( or two ) myself......
Chilling at the moment,  with a Southern Comfort and Coke....

Cheers...
Ps : Did you get your bit of art 'framed' yet ??

And Dale,
I'm afraid your 'memory' is incorrect.....If you cannot recall,  you accused me ( and my brother ) of wild profiteering previously......And I'm afraid that IS personal...
And as far as I'm concerned that is an end to our conversation ....I'll let you get back to your programme...
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Fatboydale

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 26 August, 2013, 07:51:57 PM
Glad you were amused Mr MacRoth......
Very partial to a Cider ( or two ) myself......
Chilling at the moment,  with a Southern Comfort and Coke....

Cheers...
Ps : Did you get your bit of art 'framed' yet ??

And Dale,
I'm afraid your 'memory' is incorrect.....If you cannot recall,  you accused me ( and my brother ) of wild profiteering previously......And I'm afraid that IS personal...
And as far as I'm concerned that is an end to our conversation ....I'll let you get back to your programme...
Cheers

wild profiteering asking £8000 for a McMahon cover , that only cost a few hundred .... Wild profiteering is kind words ....

I knew you still had a bee in your bonnet about that .....

So are you saying were not gonna be facebook pals ... now ....!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

The painting was worth 25k ...... i would have sold it at 10k .... Sideshow bob 250k .???

Ghost MacRoth

It was in a frame the minute it arrived!  What I still haven't found is a nice spot for it to hang.  Once this current contract is over, I'm taking some time out to work on my house, and will be redecorating the living room, and re-arranging the furniture in order to clear a good space to hang it.  Currently it's sitting beside the window, so I can see it daily even though it ain't hung. :D

Sideshow Bob

Quote from: Fatboydale on 26 August, 2013, 07:55:04 PM

So are you saying were not gonna be facebook pals ... now ....!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

The painting was worth 25k ...... i would have sold it at 10k .... Sideshow bob 250k .???

FFS, can you just stop !!.......You are talking out your arse again, I'm afraid...( My opinion though )...
" Painting worth £25 K and you would sell it for £ 10K " !!  .....I'm afraid no one on here believes that shit !! ....You are 'a dealer',  and you are in it to make money....I've no problem with that, so don't try and make out you'd sell it for anything less than it's worth...
As for the McMahon piece,  you'll see that the price was reduced after the original sale fell through...Nothing wrong with that...And its best offer around £5,000....nothing wrong with that either....It sells or it doesn't, and doesn't affect me either way.....COZ as I've said umpteen times It's NOT mine !!

And I don't know if you can only read the first line or so of a reply,  and then forget what was said if you read further, but .....( for the hard of understanding, looking at you here Dale ) They were not my pieces and I did not set the prices...

And no,  I don't think we'll be facebook pals...... :lol:

Cheers....

Fatboydale

i nearly spilled my Goût de Diamants with laughing ....

I am a collector First and dealer second , and that's only for a few hours every week , and i would say i am one of the best in the UK ....damn i may be in the top 3 ...but i am the cheapest ...

I have given away for free artwork and scripts ..

Yes its nice to make money , but its not the object .... funny i forgot what the object was ??? it will come back later to me ....

In the real world , you may be a great guy , and i am as well .... so lets agree to disagree , and lets put this silly shit behind us ... i will even buy you a beer at the next thought bubble ... i won't even spit in it ..  ;)

oh fuck i have remembered , I am in it for the Money .....

hippynumber1

Will you give me some free artwork?  ;)

Fatboydale

Simon Beigh