Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

Quote from: japandroid on 11 October, 2014, 04:33:35 PM
Ending tomorrow! It says character design for 2000AD #5?

There's seven Gibbons prelims up at present, some of which are recognisable from the feature in the 1983 annual - that's the fifth of seven.

ming

Quote from: Greg M. on 11 October, 2014, 05:29:31 PM
Quote from: japandroid on 11 October, 2014, 04:33:35 PM
Ending tomorrow! It says character design for 2000AD #5?

There's seven Gibbons prelims up at present, some of which are recognisable from the feature in the 1983 annual - that's the fifth of seven.

It's a beauty, that one.  I'll admit I'm tempted although the inked one I bought previously is hard to beat.  That shadowy Rogue is so iconic though... 

ming

£389 winning bid for that Rogue prelim.  I didn't enter the fray in the end but I don't think I'd have gone that high anyway.  I forget what I paid for the inked prelim I bought a couple of years back (featured in the 1983 2000AD Annual) but it was a fair bit less I think - and came with a pencil version.  Still, it's a lovely piece of work - did anyone here snag it?

Skullmo

Quote from: ming on 13 October, 2014, 08:48:42 AM
£389 winning bid for that Rogue prelim.  I didn't enter the fray in the end but I don't think I'd have gone that high anyway.  I forget what I paid for the inked prelim I bought a couple of years back (featured in the 1983 2000AD Annual) but it was a fair bit less I think - and came with a pencil version.  Still, it's a lovely piece of work - did anyone here snag it?

I was surprised by how high they went - a clear indicator that the 2000ad original art market is in rude health!

They were lovely designs. It is not often original character designs come up.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Greg M.

Yes, I was pretty surprised too - when they first came up, I had hopes I might get one of the less detailed ones comparatively cheaply, but they rapidly rocketed beyond what I was prepared to pay, so I didn't put in any bids.

Spikes

Nice pieces, and very interesting to see stuff like that pop up, but i also never bidded on owt, though i did give it a bit of thought.

Those pieces from a couple of years ago(?), never attracted that amount of money, i think.

And they was better....

japandroid

I saw these. Here's my fave
'You can leave this for the kids will be worth £ 8,000 in another couple of years'
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DareDevil-The-man-without-fear-/221575199858?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item3396e93c72

japandroid

Nurse! NURSE!!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-32-/281459672135?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item41884dc447
Maybe they thought it was 31-78 inclusive but I think that's just making excuses for them.

Spikes

Quote from: japandroid on 18 October, 2014, 08:46:10 PM
Nurse! NURSE!!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-32-/281459672135?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item41884dc447
Maybe they thought it was 31-78 inclusive but I think that's just making excuses for them.

A nice looking copy of Prog 32, but people are willing to pay over £60 for one??  Gulp.

Prog's are aplenty on eBay, and you can snag very affordable early issues - and in superb condition - for peanuts, if your prepared to watch and wait..

japandroid

Quote from: Spikes on 19 October, 2014, 12:21:42 PM
Quote from: japandroid on 18 October, 2014, 08:46:10 PM
Nurse! NURSE!!!

A nice looking copy of Prog 32, but people are willing to pay over £60 for one??  Gulp.

Prog's are aplenty on eBay, and you can snag very affordable early issues - and in superb condition - for peanuts, if your prepared to watch and wait..
It's amazing how many top condition collections still exist. Especially when you consider the paper quality, storage issues and the amount of opportunities to clip out pages. I got my banned issues from a guy who bought them new and stored them in freezer bags. They were pure white but I was more impressed with him having freezer bags in '77.

Ghost MacRoth

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!