Main Menu

DREDD - World Premier

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 29 December, 2010, 07:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

This has got to be in London!

Also how are us fans gonna get our mits on some tickets, surely
Tharg must be able to get his hands on some to give out to his loyal followers.
The last thing I want to see is a load of fair weather fans suddenly turning up closer to the day. Amazingly everyone will have read 2000AD from Programme 1 but they won't fool us  ;)

Buttonman

Yeah definitely - London hardly gets anything.

May I make a suggestion?

Dredd has a 4 weekly publication called 'The Judge Dredd Megazine'. Every issue loyal readers write in. Surely the reader with the most letters published in 'The Megazine' is the most loyal and therefore most deserving of having the honour of having the premiere in his home town?

If only there was some way to calculate the deserving winner of the prize ?

Mmmm Braehead Odeon pick n' mix with extra child drool...

JOE SOAP

I think the premier should be in Cape Town, the home of Mega-City-One.

Spaceghost

I won't be trecking all the way to that London. I'm hoping for a 3D Imax release so I can pop across to Bradford and see it there.

In fact, that's where the premiere should be because it's near me.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Mike Carroll

Tish! Clearly, the Dredd premier should be in Clondalkin, Dublin, for reasons that are far too obvious to go into here.

-- Mike

Spaceghost

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 29 December, 2010, 10:07:22 PM
Tish! Clearly, the Dredd premier should be in Clondalkin, Dublin, for reasons that are far too obvious to go into here.

-- Mike

Is it just because you live there Mike? Selfish...

TordelBack

QuoteIs it just because you live there Mike? Selfish...

Nah, it's handy for me too.  And Jayzus and T.A.F.K.A.Garageman and Johnnystress'd have no problem getting there either.  David, Mikey and PJ'd have a bit of a trek, and not sure how close folk like Gavin are, but it's still clearly the only logical choice.  

Steve Green

Drape a big screen on Kings Reach Tower...

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 29 December, 2010, 10:07:22 PM

Poppycock! The premiere should blatantly be at the PIcadilly Cinema on North Adelaide where Stevie can stroll down to Jeffcott Street for his bus home after.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

dracula1

Quote from: Lee Bates;571568I won't be trecking all the way to that London. I'm hoping for a 3D Imax release so I can pop across to Bradford and see it there.

More votes for Bradford, Legend has it it's the centre of the universe.

radiator

They can do it in my living room if they like. It'll be a bit cramped but I'll lay on nibbles and everything.

Brigantian

Quote from: dracula1 on 29 December, 2010, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: Lee Bates;571568I won't be trecking all the way to that London. I'm hoping for a 3D Imax release so I can pop across to Bradford and see it there.

Bradford ? Aaaaaargh. Last time a went to see a film in that city half the audience were Mohammedans who were constantly on their mobiles throughout the film. Nowt against the place, just the wildlife. FYI Bradford born and bred - mill scum.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Brigantian on 30 December, 2010, 01:14:28 AM
Quote from: dracula1 on 29 December, 2010, 11:35:26 PM

Bradford ? Aaaaaargh. Last time a went to see a film in that city half the audience were Mohammedans who were constantly on their mobiles throughout the film. Nowt against the place, just the wildlife. FYI Bradford born and bred - mill scum.

Yes, I can tell from the casual racism. The last time I saw a film in Bradford, it was the premiere of Four Lions and not only was the film about 'Mohammedans' but the audience was also largely made up of 'Mohameddans' too, not one of whom was talking on their phone.

Thick people who don't know how to act in a cinema are thick no matter their colour, same goes for clever people. I've had more trouble with idiotic 'Christians' or, white people, talking through films in Bradford.

TordelBack

The things you see on the internet.  Give me goatse any day.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 December, 2010, 10:59:10 PM
QuoteIs it just because you live there Mike? Selfish...

Nah, it's handy for me too.  And Jayzus and T.A.F.K.A.Garageman and Johnnystress'd have no problem getting there either.  David, Mikey and PJ'd have a bit of a trek, and not sure how close folk like Gavin are, but it's still clearly the only logical choice.  

Excellent! Of course, we're going to have our work cut out for us, what with having to build a cinema before the movie's due out... I'll supervise.
-- Mike