Main Menu

Comics to be excited for in 2017

Started by Hawkmumbler, 17 August, 2016, 07:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

OKOKOKOK I know i'm getting it in early this year but, this is too big to just give it one new thread...so...

Robert Kirkman, Cory Walker, and Ryan Ottleys INVINCIBLE will be ending with issue 150 in 2017.

Is it too soon to raise a glass or should I enjoy the ride first?

Oh, and too bulk the thread out a bit:
- Bacchus Omnibus 2 by Eddie Campbell
- Kane by Paul Grist
- Jojos Bizarre Adventure Part 9 by Hirohiko Araki
- MORE Corto Maltese and Valentina by Hugo Pratt and Guido Crepax

Colin YNWA

Looks like we might get Bacchus Omnibus 2 earlier than the old new date. Just got an e-mail from Amazon saying its due in early September now.

WAYHEY!!!!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 17 August, 2016, 07:22:36 PM
WAYHEY!!!!
And just this second Gosh! tweeted some images of the new book! So double WAYHEY!!!

The Adventurer

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 17 August, 2016, 07:08:39 PM
OKOKOKOK I know i'm getting it in early this year but, this is too big to just give it one new thread...so...

Robert Kirkman, Cory Walker, and Ryan Ottleys INVINCIBLE will be ending with issue 150 in 2017.

Fffffffffffffffffffffuck

Though considering how late it's been this year, maybe it's better it's being put down?

But, ffffffffffffuck.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

PsychoGoatee

Definitely, it's harsh to see Invincible go so soon, felt like it still had a lot of story to tell. One of the best! It'll be 144 issues, or 12 Ultimate Collections long total when it concludes. At least it'll go out with a bang, nice 12 issue epic saga.

Other than that, in 2017 there's going to be an Overwatch original graphic novel telling the origin story for the crew in that fine video game. Worst World, a graphic novel trilogy by the Scott Pilgrim team will probably hit in 2017, that could be interestin.

Ancient Otter

Caravaggio by Milo Manara

Final volume (?) of Grandville by Bryan Talbot

and Demon by Jason Shiga.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 18 August, 2016, 09:20:26 PM

Final volume (?) of Grandville by Bryan Talbot

Grandville: Force Majeure is it's name, & yes, it WILL be the final (& epic) book in this otherwise fantastic series by Bryan Talbot
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Hawkmumbler

Jay Faerbers GEMINI is going to get a collected edition including the unreleased final issue in November.

Colin YNWA

Oh, oh, oh, oh, ohohohohohohoh OHHHH, YES, YES, YES!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/10/04/francesco-francavilla-signs-write-draw-will-eisners-spirit/

Francesco Francavilla, The Spirit. There's nerdgoo all over my keyboard!

Old Tankie

"The Wild Storm" written by Warren Ellis, art by Jon Davis-Hunt.

Colin YNWA

Oh this gets better and better. January's Dark Horse solicitations have an early solicit for NEW BEANWORLD. New chuffin' Beanworld.

How great is that.

Its been, what over 6 years since we had Book 3 and I'd all but given up hope of the promised book four and now this. In March 152 new pages of Beanworld - WAYHEY!

Hawkmumbler

Intriguing, Beanworld has long been on my reading agenda but just never got around to it.

Mute77

Looking forward to Roughneck by Jeff Lemire..also looking forward to The Spirit and Black Beetle by Francesco Francavilla.