Main Menu

Everybody Loves Achmed

Started by Steamboy, 03 March, 2005, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamboy

this is some crazy shit, but I just heard that an American production company are going to produce a "Sitcom" in the vein of M.A.S.H. set in Iraq. Apparently it will be scripted by the same team that wrote The Golden Girls. I'm not joking this is a true story if I can find a link or more info I'll post it. Anyone else heard about this?
I can see it now...Two Guys a Girl and a WMD

CU Krestel

Wils

If you're looking for the sitcom online, you could try Googling these possible names:

'Some Mullahs Do Av Em'
'Fatwa Dear Fatwa'
'Allah Allah!'
'Infidels Behaving Badly'

Jared Katooie

"produce a "Sitcom" in the vein of M.A.S.H. set in Iraq"

If it really was done in the same vein as M.A.S.H then that might actually be a good thing. Wake people up to the reality of fighting in Iraq. However it's more likely that it'll be more of a cross between the A Team and Friends.

Wils

'This week: Hawkeye gets kidnapped and beheaded on live television...with hilarious consequences!'

SamuelAWilkinson

Aahh, the things I learnt from M*A*S*H*. The Korean War lasted ten years. Life in the army is zany and fun. Performing surgery is easier when you've drunk your body weight in martinis. And, of course, my all time favourite, whenever you see a moustache on the face of that doctor who was brought in to replace that one who looked like Art Garfunkel, it's stopped being funny and Alan Alda's trying too hard to moralise.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Funtwangle

this could be good but if its being made by americans it will probably be yank rubbish

Tanky

How about:
Fire at Will and Grace
Prisoner: cell block Guantanamo (sp?)
Desperately seeking Saddam

Quirkafleeg

Here's the first episode right here!

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-12-12-marine-finger_x.htm" target="_blank">'The one with the ring'

Tordelbach

That is the most ridiculous pile of shite I've ever read.  My other half would bloody KILL me if I did something as stupid as that... >SHUDDERS AT THE VERY THOUGHT

House of Usher

That guy's name was just made for a character in a war comic. "Lance Corporal Battle". Should the strip be called 'Battle in Iraq' or 'Battle of the Marines'?

You see, it just goes to show that we scoff too easily at the convenient naming of comic book war heroes. I bet he's got mates in his company called Helm, Gunnar and Bagman. Also one called Private Mann, known to his friends (and readers) as 'Fighting Mann'.
STRIKE !!!

Bart Oliver

IIRC.. BJ Honeycutt(sp?) replaced 'Trapper' McKintyre(another sp?).

Sadly Trapper never made it home however because his transport was (again IIRC) shot down before it reached the US.

Closet M*A*S*H fan, B.
Obviously you're not a golfer.

Art

"The One With The Italian Hostage" is a humour goldmine...

Matt Timson

Wasn't there a tv show (or at least, a pilot) that featured Trapper, but set in present day (which was probably the early eighties) in a hospital?

Trapper MD?
Pffft...

Matt Timson

Pffft...