Main Menu

Tarentino to direct Friday XIII sequal?

Started by Quirkafleeg, 10 March, 2005, 04:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkafleeg

Apparently he's in 'talk' according to Ceefax ... I know he's a slasher-fan (having Evil Cop I and II or whatever it's called ia on his fave films list) but this seems frankly mental.

The Amstor Computer

GordonR

That's 'Maniac Cop', gary, and it's a classic*, damnit.  

*Definition of classic: features Bruce Campbell.

Byron Virgo

Quirkafleeg

Sorry Gordon... to tired to google for it. I've never actually seen it - tried tracking it down a while back but it was out of print. I remember seeing it in video rental places years back but it look too shite to rent.

GordonR

Highly recommend his book, "If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor."  Funny all the way through.

GermanAndy

Bruce Campbell ... (a minute of appreciatative silence)

As far as the creativity of Hollywood goes, this will be an remake of the first one, but downgraded to PG 13 or whatever this rating is called :-))

Just kidding... Why should he do something like this?

On the other hand, if they bankroll a remake of King Kong, why not something like this? *g

GermanAndy

Maniac Cop was great. Saw it ages ago, but still have fond memories of it.

Wasn?t it a Larry Cohen movie?

Byron Virgo

It's quite watchable, if memory serves, although I can hardly remember it at all now.

Use to be my mate Kass' favourite film, and now he runs the local video shop, which still has the same copy more than ten years later, and which must be pretty battered by now.

GordonR

'Maniac Cop' is one of those titles that sells itself.

However, don't be fooled by the Beat Takeshi film, 'Violent Cop'.  More like 'Not Very Violent At All Cop'.  bleh.

The Amstor Computer

...but despite the title, it's still quite a good little flick from Takeshi.

(/me now suspects that Hannah Chapter's tastes in gore, schlock & grue may be fairly close to those of a certain scriptdroid... Can we look forward to her trying to force Brand into a late-night Maniac Cop double-bill? :-) )

Byron Virgo

"More like 'Not Very Violent At All Cop'. bleh."

What?! It's got the most realistic scene of a bloke being kicked down a flight of stairs, he chases and runs over a bloke with his car - twice, and it all ends up in the typical Kitano bloodbath. What's wrong with you man?! Have your senses been dulled through years of watching films that feature Charles Napier?

GermanAndy

Ah, Charles Napier.

First time he registered on my radar was his part in Russ Meyer?s Supervixens :-) Harry Sledge, the cop with a grudge and a truly mean smile. Will never forget this.

They don?t make them like that anymore :-))

doktor bee

tarrantino is a terrible director. the only movie of his i liked was dusk till dawn because it was gloriously dumb and fun to watch.his first movie was a rip off of a japanese movie. pulp fiction was good. jackie brown was terrible. i never really liked kill bill i just hated it for some reason. but i hope he does direct a friday movie it would be interesting to see his take on it.

Funtwangle

jackie brown kicked resevoir dogs arse all over the ppark