Main Menu

... would be a good film

Started by psycho_slaughterman, 08 June, 2005, 09:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James

Floyd-the-k

I said that before too, LMS, the Stars My Destination (aka Tiger, Tiger) would be a great movie.

there's an Elmore Leanard book called Killshot which would be a brilliant movie (if it hasn't already been filmed)

oh and you COULD make a good movie out of Judge Dredd...

LARF

I reckon a live action Dan Dare would be a good rip roaring yarn, or a British Superhero movie - based around some of the old brit comics. I also like twsited history stories, Harry Turtledove's world war series springs to mind but prob. not for a film - Luther Arkwright anyone?

Wils

or a British Superhero movie

Marvelman. :)

Dudley

The Life and Loves of Princess Diana

Maximum cheese.  Should feature slow-motion "nnnnnooooooooo" moment at the end.

johnnystress

speaking of which did anyone else laugh at Darth Vaders "Noooo" moment in the latest movie?

Pure horror movie/Simpsons cheesiness

An animated Sandman(yeah, thats right, the poncey goth one) in the style of Spirited Away could work really well i reckon

longmanshort

"Can you imagine what they'd do to it? It'd be *totally* bastardised in the vain hope that exceptionately stupid people and studio execs might actually get it."

Hopefully, the very idea of a book that ...

M
A
J
O
R

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

suddenly just stops will mean they don't even attempt it. I agree it would make a fantastic movie, but since Kubrik's dead and Lucas (circa THX-1138) has disappeared up his own arse there's not really anyone who'd have the balls to try it ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

LARF

I reckon 'Cloud Atlas' by David Mitchell would make a great book, but they would have to split it like the book.

Anyone read it, I'm reading at the mo. so no spoilers please...

psycho_slaughterman

hard to decide a winner so all of you get a pat on the back, now im going to steal your ideas and be rich.

Lord Running Clam

I've just found out theres going to be a film of Philip K.Dicks short story,The Golden Man.
Its going to be called Next,starring Nicolas Cage ands in pre-prodution.
After Reading the story synopsis i'm just shaking my head.They've taken a wonderful short story,Dicks counter to the idea,that men with psi gifts would mutate into something better,and just turned it into another crappy hollywood sci-fi film.

Link: http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0435705/" target="_blank">Next.

Adrian Bamforth

A film should be made about British professional wrestling from the 70s and 80s. With Johnny Vegas.

ADE

Mudcrab

Prompted by her recent film roles (such that they are, not seen FF yet and she doesn't really do much in Sin City bar looking cute), how about Jessica Alba for Mrs Anderson's little girl?

I tried to imagine her doing the original Death story and yeah, it works for me. Oh, for that to be done by Rodriguez and Wagner.

Failing that, Lobster Random! C'mon, anything with a Lobster God would surely become the greatest film ever? Well, it would in my house.

Yes, I live alone.

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Dounreay

There's a Harry Turtledove short story called Joe Steele. Imagine Josef Stalin's parents had emigrated to America and old Joe had entered American politics with the same mind set he had in Russia.

Its a brill wee story and could make a fine film.  

Art

The Golden Man: It's a roller-coaster ride of fun!

Poor old PKD seems pretty  much destined to have every one of his short storys made into a crappy SF action chase movie.