Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TOINIGHT, EPISODE 13, THE PARTING OF THE WAYS. 18/6/05...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 18 June, 2005, 12:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...this is it, the last one till christmas, hasnt time flown when your having fun???...

Bolt-01

Didn't get to watch last week, due to being at a wedding so I'm doing the double tonight. Aces!

Bolt-01

Noisybast

It's my nephew's 5th birthday today, and I'm going to his party this afternoon. Whilst I'm obviously looking forward to the jelly & ice cream, and hijacking his new lightsaber, I'm kinda hoping the little runt falls asleep early, so I can watch this on first showing...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

ARRISARRIS

...dont forget to watch the documentary before it...

therev

My wifes at work till 8pm so I'm taping it and when she gets in I'm say "Hi!Bye!" & legging it up to a mates for the 3 of us to gorge ourselves on geekness...although I suspect they will have already watched it (I wouldnt get time to watch it as it's broadcast as I'll be sorting out Mini-ReV who no doubt will not understand that for an hour she has to keep verrrrrry quiet & not bother Daddy).
;-)

Tu-plang

Am downloading after it airs (I'm in Oz).  Better be bloody done before I go away for two weeks tomorrow.

paulvonscott

Oh dear, I had a dream featuring Dr Who last night.  Embarressing and weird.  

I was at a launch party (which mutated into a filming) for the last episode.

Originally me and some friends of mine were at out tables, expecting to be in the middle of nowhere, then I got to sit next to Bonnie Langford (aged about the same as me) who I was trying to cop off with, as in the flesh she seemed very tasty.  

I got to speak to Sylvester McCoy as he came over to talk to Bonnie, and I was sat opposite John Barrowman who kept talking about some daring bit of acting about the titanic and did I think he'd got away with it.

Eventually I had to leave as I wasn't supposedly sat there after all, but somehwere else, where my flan was waiting for me.  It was a Findus flan in a packet, according to the picture menu.  But sat between two people I didn't know, the table shrank and my flan dissapeared.

I then saw some filming between Sylvester McCoy and the Master and another Master (as there was a very short Roberts and Anthony Ainley - or possibly an Anthony Ainley impersonator as he wasn't very good) where they were taking part in some ritual Timelord mental contest which involved Sylvester McCoy being in his underpants, mking a sumo posture and looking as though he was concentrating hard.  He was overweight and insisting he didn't have breasts.  I and some actor (possibly Billie Piper) were discussing how it was a humiliating way to go.

They were showing the regeneration scenes which showed McCoy (sorry McGann you weren't in) which showed first Troughton morphing into Eccleston, then McCoy, but we knew something was wrong as it all went melty and evil.

And at the end, when I said to Davies, you've bloody ruined it, he showed us his flipchart which involved several layers of building story base up the word 'light'.  And for the finale, he revealed with a flourish and to wild applause that he had worked in the musical Hair at the end.

At that point there was some mental weirdness and I was woken up by the postman.  There was much more to the dream, lots more really crazy things, and more Doctor Who related detail, but I can't remember it sadly.

So, I'm off down to labrokes to place a bet that that's what happens.  Nostradamus, eat your heart out.  Anyway, I've never had a Doctor Who dream before, I hadn't been thnking about it much in the last couple of days.  I think I need help.

therev

...and then suddenly you were naked?
;-)
Keep meaning to say to you PVS your icon reminds me of this lady but with a 'tash...god knows why!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Thepreacher667/ninette17.jpg">

ARRISARRIS

...is it just me or isnt it about time somebody posted a few of THOSE Katy Manning pictures o this thread???...

therev

Posted without comment.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Thepreacher667/katy-dalek2.jpg">

therev

Caption comp' time?http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v109/Thepreacher667/katy-dalek1.jpg">

paulvonscott

I dunno, do we need one?

Went into Forbidden Planet the other day to look at comics, and was chatting to the manager, when a woman came in desperate to buy a Dalek for her kid.  She got a little talking Dalek, but there isn't much out.  Can't believe the BBC haven't got these things sorted out, crazy, they'd sell millions next week.

pauljholden

Probably the licence for merchandise reside with a bunch of people who've had it for yonks and were unprepared for the beebs new series.

- pj

Noisybast

Last I heard, it was a little tin-pot place in Llangollen. They had quite a nice little museum of memorabilia, but the toys weren't up to much...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Amstor Computer

Really looking forward to tonight - the teasers have been fantastic, and I hope that the final episode lives up to my expectations.

I'd also like to thank ARRISARRIS for taking the time to post these threads every week for the past few months. It's been fun to have a regular thread to chat about Who, and your consideration in setting them up is much appreciated.

Roll on tonight - then the Chrimbo special and series 2 and 3!