Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thor: Ragnarok (2017)  (Read 6417 times)

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
« Reply #105 on: 13 December, 2017, 08:26:11 am »
 Devil's anus?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Bolt-01

• Global Moderator
  • CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • It ain't called ZARJAZ fer nuthin'!
    • View Profile
    • FutureQuake Press
« Reply #106 on: 13 December, 2017, 08:44:30 am »
You're a bad man, Tips.

I was having a drink when I pressed 'next page'...

Proudhuff

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • A minefield of imbeciles and chimps
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 13 December, 2017, 10:05:23 am »

the film as a whole feels very messy and overstuffed - too many characters spread too thinly, and momentous events happening in too quick a succession for any of them to have any real dramatic weight. It felt very obvious to me that the writers had been given a bullet point list of plot points that had to happen, and were tasked with joining the dots between them.

I know its not a popular POV but this is how I feel about the whole MCU, but as TB says I just don't go to see them any more but catch up when its out on DVDVD...
I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man!

JamesC

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 13 December, 2017, 11:11:46 am »

The Legendary Shark

• Bionic Fingers
  • Tip: Sharks only attack you if you're wet.
    • View Profile
    • the_sharkpool blog

radiator

• Bionic Fingers
  • A fry without beans is a mere meat collage.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 13 December, 2017, 04:50:27 pm »

the film as a whole feels very messy and overstuffed - too many characters spread too thinly, and momentous events happening in too quick a succession for any of them to have any real dramatic weight. It felt very obvious to me that the writers had been given a bullet point list of plot points that had to happen, and were tasked with joining the dots between them.

I know its not a popular POV but this is how I feel about the whole MCU, but as TB says I just don't go to see them any more but catch up when its out on DVDVD...

No, I don't think that's an unpopular (or rare) opinion. The Marvel movies have almost transcended the concept of 'movies' now, and feel more like episodes of a TV show, because thats basically what they are.

While they are reliably enjoyable, I think they're in danger of becoming skippable - for instance Homecoming and Doctor Strange were I think the first two MCU movies since the original Thor that I didn't go to see at the cinema, and Black Panther - while looking stunningly imaginative and novel on a purely visual level, looks incredibly bland and predictable narratively.

Keef Monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #111 on: 14 December, 2017, 09:21:46 am »
Yeah, Thor and Guardians are the only two series that we're bothered about going to see in the cinema nowadays, everything else we just wait and watch some time down the line on Netflix or if someone loans us the disc. Even then there's no rush, took me a couple of years to see Antman and still haven't seen Spiderman despite it apparently being very good.

There's just too many of them and we don't go to the cinema often enough for it to be a Marvel movie every time.