Main Menu

Where's the header gone?

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 25 July, 2013, 11:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Am I the only one to find that the top of the site has vanished?

When I log on (via Firefox) the top left of the screen is my Home box, in the line of text: Home, Help, Profile, My Messages, Members, Logout. There is no banner, no cheery Tharg and Dredd.

What's happened?

And can we have Kroom-Skree back?
Lock up your spoons!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 25 July, 2013, 11:32:56 PM
And can we have Kroom-Skree back?

Kroom Skree! Now there's a blast of nostalgia! I don't even remember what it was, but I know that I miss it terribly.
@jamesfeistdraws

Montynero

yeah, I miss it. I can't scroll to the top and search for stuff any more.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 25 July, 2013, 11:41:22 PMKroom Skree! Now there's a blast of nostalgia! I don't even remember what it was, but I know that I miss it terribly.
It was part of the masthead in the very first official version of this website, which I co-designed. I just looked at the dates on my grabs and that was—gulp—over a decade ago. Man, I feel old.

PREPARE FOR NOSTALGIA, EARTHLETS!

Montynero

Man, I loved the look of the old website with the Jock artwork across the top! Still mourn its passing.

radiator

I'm glad it's gone, now the fact I'm browsing the forum isn't advertised to anyone who walks past my office!

I, Cosh

Always wondered what Koom Skreee was all about. Regarding the banner, adblock has ensured I haven't seen anything up there since the Zenith hype started.
We never really die.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Ah, but when you clicked Koom-Skree - that's when the magic started.

Well, if you were nosy. It took you to the site stats.
Lock up your spoons!

ThryllSeekyr

:o I'm totally lost without the search function. Where is it?  :-\

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 05 August, 2013, 03:39:26 AM
I'm totally lost without the search function. Where is it?

Irony overload.

The Prodigal

The search function was an indispensable aid to us relative newbies. I could consult it and seek counsel on anything particularly where purchases were concerned.

ming

Quote from: The Prodigal on 05 August, 2013, 07:36:22 AM

The search function was an indispensable aid to us relative newbies. I could consult it and seek counsel on anything particularly where purchases were concerned.

The search function rarely seemed to deliver what I was looking for so I don't miss it that much.  If you're after a certain thread it seems to work better to include the search terms you would have used, along with '2000ADonline' and just Google it, e.g. '2000ADonline naughty bits'...

I do miss the header, though.  And koom skree.

Wake

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 26 July, 2013, 12:06:30 AMIt was part of the masthead in the very first official version of this website, which I co-designed. I just looked at the dates on my grabs and that was—gulp—over a decade ago. Man, I feel old.

You're forgetting the previous version with Tharg's roving eye, which is why all the medium res images on BARNEY are 281 pixels high.

[the attached pic is from waybackmachine and features one of the static Tharg heads]

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Y'know, there's no easy way to go from the forum to the shop now.

Which I just tried to do. To give Rebellion some money. But instead I've moaned on an old thread and am now off to play Skyrim.

Take that Tharg. (But I'll be back tomorrow).
Lock up your spoons!