Main Menu

EXCLUSIVE 2000 AD COMIC WITH HMV COPIES OF SHAUN OF THE DEAD

Started by 2000AD Online, 08 September, 2004, 10:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2000AD Online

Those Squaxx dek Thargo interested in purchasing rom-zom-com Shaun of the Dead on DVD may be interested to know the HMV exclusive edition contains a free, original 2000 AD mini-comic written by the film's creators Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright and illustrated by Frazer Irving. As with the 'There's Something About Mary' strip that appeared in the Galaxy's Greatest in April, it details the hitherto unrevealed back story to another of the minor characters.

The 'Mary' story also appears on the DVD itself, amongst the many bonus features.

Link: Tharg's Newsround

Trout

Oooooh!

I haven't seen it yet.

Pay day today.

The good news above...

I think I'm caught: hook, line and sinker!

- Trout

Demon Chicken

Gargh! Why does the great money god curse me so!!

*DC plots how to rob the local bank*

Pete Wells

Aw shit! I bought it from Play.com :-(

Do I buy it again...?

Mr D

thrillpowerseeker

heheheheh I didnt..think I'll be trotting down my local HMV at the weekend

ARRISARRIS

...was wondering if anyone could clear this up for me, the Shaun strip that was printed in 2000ad is featured on the DVD extra's and there is also a printed mini comic with the DVD from HMV? is this the DVD that comes up on the HMV web site? it lists the strip from 2000ad but not the new one, is there another special addition...

ARRISARRIS

IndigoPrime

Well, my better half just sweetly surprised me with the non-HMV version, so I won't be getting the HMV version. Still, having a nice surprise is better than a comic. :)

Something Fishy

I've just ended my subs after a few years, only to see my last prog turn up with what looks to be an excellent stront story starting.

Typlical.. My timing is shite.

Keef Monkey

The one that appeared in 2000AD is on the dvd and it's a new one that comes with it. The plot holes comic strips on the dvd are really cool too. Anyone know if Edgar Wright's brother (don't know his first name off-hand) works in comics? His stuff looks great.

ukdane

I imagine it's the box set linked below...
...however the website states that due to it's "limited nature" all the stock has been allocated, so you can't buy it online. BUMMER!

Link: http://www1.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1&sku=226981" target="_blank">Slipcase edition

Cheers

-Daney

therev

Wow...we get told 2 days after it was released.
Why weren't we told BEFORE, someone must have known!

Dudley

Well, *I* tried to tell you all a month back.  But noooo, you all had to go and take the piss instead, didn't you?

Link: http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=fan&page=messagethread&choice=10510" target="_blank">See?  You should listen more often!

Mr D

No you fool, that is actually on the disc! this is something new and seperate...

Fool!

Fooooooool!