UK citizenship test

Started by Bouwel, 02 August, 2009, 09:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bouwel

http://www.ukcitizenshiptest.co.uk/

I scored 46%.

I'm now awaiting for deportation *sniff*

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

Tweak72

+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Kerrin

54%, but what a bizarre set of questions.

Colin YNWA

Heavens to mergatrode. 54%. But really how much of this stuff makes you a better citizen. I hve a couple of South African friends who have recently gained UK citizenship. When you get 'sworn' in you have to swear allegance to the Queen or some such. So much for me again. Since when have you not been able to be a republican and not be a good citizen. Silly stuff indeed.

locustsofdeath!

42% for me. And those are some bizarre questions.

Daveycandlish

Woohoo! 63%!
Does that mean I have to stay?
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

GordonR

I'm expecting this thread to end badly...

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: GordonR on 02 August, 2009, 09:57:27 AM
I'm expecting this thread to end badly...

Keeping suspiciously quite about your score, there, Rennie. I've had my doubts about you for quite some time, laddie. Oh, yes!

What's that you say? What did I score? *coughcoughcough*fiftyfourpercent*coughcough*

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Robin Low

I managed a mere 46%. However, I don't feel so bad about that since I rushed through it, didn't check my answers and misread a few as a result! And on one or two of the numerical ones I was only out by a margin (I mean, what's the difference bewtween 15 and 16 million under-19s unless you're a planning department of some variety?).

Odd mix of questions, some that seemed entirely reasonable, others that seemed irrelevant. However, if you think about it, there's a logic to some of them. For example, the utterly bizarre one about the year of women's right to divorce. Most of us won't know the answer, but some cultures and countries might not allow divorce at all, so putting the date in the test handbook is part of educating potential applicants about women's rights in the UK. The question seems stupid to us, but it's a subtle and rather important part of understanding British life.

Regards

Robin

COMMANDO FORCES

58%  :-[

I'll get me coat........

Buddy

I got 50% but it was mostly guesswork.

As for 'Ulster Scots is a dialect which is spoken in Northern Ireland.' well it's true but I suspect more people can and do speak Klingon than Ulster Scots.

What a stupid set of questions.

Can I go live in Australia now please?

Buttonman

Questions answered correctly: 15 out of 24 (63%)

Time taken: 04 minutes 39 seconds

Hoo-ray getting deported. Think if I had the book the answers were drawn from I'd scoosh it. That said for some Polish chap it must seem fiendishly difficult - how many teenagers in the UK? Correct answer of 'how the fuck should I know' wasn't even offered!

Richmond Clements

worldshown

63% here as well.

Guess that they're going to have to build a bigger boat for us all.

(BTW, the Welsh are another group of people that don't have to pay for prescriptions so I got that question wrong.)