Main Menu

What comic to buy the wife!

Started by ukdane, 05 March, 2003, 03:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

My wife gave up on From Hell, and she's a Ripper fan (if there is such a thing). She liked the League os Extrordinary Gentlemen, though.

Link: rac

Quirkafleeg

Does she like fifties femme fatales... then Black Kiss is the one you want ;-)

Bolt-01

Love & rockets went well with my missus, as did Rick Vietch's Swamp thing.

She actually bought Luther Arkwright (ad got it signed) before I did. I'm sure she did it to nark me. She enjoyed one Bad Rat also.

Strangers in paradise is good, but I only have bk 1.

rotts

DavidXBrunt

Well then you've barely scratched the surface of Strangers. And volume 2 is only ?2 from Amazon. It's called 'I dream of you'.

JTurner

My little love bundle very much enjoyed Ghost world, and also read the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but was put off by the sick factor of Preacher and Transmet. Ditto Invisibles. Sandman I'd suggest, but the early stuff's a little ropey (but maybe that's just in comparrison to the rest of it). For crudeness, try Bluntman and Chronic, or Clerks (better than you may think).

Buddy

**Does she like fifties femme fatales...**

That would be the femme fatales WITH ENORMOUS DICKS then... oh and wern't they vampires as well?

Quirkafleeg

>That would be the femme fatales WITH ENORMOUS DICKS then... oh and wern't they vampires as well?

Well not all of them! (dicks or vamps)

Also contains the immortal lines, after two hitmen shoot up a house, that goes something like:

"Jesus, that was kid!"
"Yeah, so now it's a smear. So what."

Charming fun for all the family

almighty mat

I can definitely recommend the outstanding Box Office Poison from Top Shelf if you can find it. It's an extremely well put together mix of Spaced and Friends, which makes it cool for comic readers and enjoyable for others. Funny, clever and with great dialogue and indie art, the only problem is the price...http://www.coldcut.com/ii2000/images/box-office-poison.jpg">

almighty mat

JamieB

BoP's, like, 600 pages long, for ?18.94 on Amazon... not exactly unreasonable!

almighty mat

Really? It came into the shop at about ?24 from Diamond...the bastards!

JamieB

karne

You could try some of the old anthology stuff like A1 or Deadline if you can get hold of them. That will give her a nice mix of art/writing styles and hopefully she'll find something she likes. From personal experience, Philip Bonds excellent Wired World was always much appreciated by the ladies.

Link: http://home.att.net/~planetbond/ww_34_1.html" target="_blank">He's got the whole Wired World in his hands...

OldOne

Actually, a girlfriend of mine really got into the collected edition of Button Man that Kitchen Sink put out a few years ago. You can't really go wrong with it, even for the fairer sex. Bloody fantastic art, neat one-liners and one of the tightest scripts ever from our man Wagner.
Having said that, the girl in question IS now an ex, which might tell you something....