Main Menu

Where the dust goes to gather - comics variant

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 July, 2011, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Jings, reshelving finished now where's that piccie?
DDT did a job on me

8-Ball

I have never attached images before so this is a wee test.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

8-Ball

This my trade collection. My recent acquisitions: Invasion!, Savage-Taking Liberties, Savage-The Guv'nor and The Complete Ro-Busters are elsewhere at the mo.

Colin YNWA

As seems fitting for the board I feel its important that someone asks the question that immediately raises from those pictures. Of course they look wonderful all together like that BUT damn-it in what order are they in by series? Its not alphabetical, its not chronological (between series), in series it is, so its...

...intriguing...

CrazyFoxMachine

Is it in spine-width order? If so that is WHACK sir and I request an immediate shuffle to height-then-alphabetical. IT'S DRIVING ME MAD.

Trout

No, I would support a system that is a combination of aesthetic and chronological considerations. Practical, yet attractive.

8-Ball

The Dredd/Dreddworld trades are roughly in order of (content) publication. If something contains material that is duplicated elsewhere then it is pushed up until I get to a point where I seem to have double-dipped to death i.e. Judge Death/Dark Judge stories. It all makes sense (to me) but I can see how it might baffle others. ;)

Colin YNWA

Oh no no no, this is far to interesting to get off with just that.

Now don't worry we're a reasonable bunch here (ahem) and will defend your right to have you're lovely shiny books in whatever order you choose BUT

YOU. OWE. US. AN. EXPLANATION!*

So come on Nemesis - Strontium Dog - Rogue Trooper - Dredd??? I'm as curious as an orange.

*See I used captials AND full stops so it must be really important.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Eightball on 06 April, 2014, 05:31:38 PMIt all makes sense (to me) but I can see how it might baffle others. ;)

That's all I need by way of explanation ;)

I have so so many systems and weird listy ordery type things that have their own internal logic that seems to make perfect sense at the time but fall apart completely when I choose to show them to other people. HEAVEN FORFEND.

8-Ball

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 06 April, 2014, 09:02:02 PM
Oh no no no, this is far to interesting to get off with just that.

Now don't worry we're a reasonable bunch here (ahem) and will defend your right to have you're lovely shiny books in whatever order you choose BUT

YOU. OWE. US. AN. EXPLANATION!*

So come on Nemesis - Strontium Dog - Rogue Trooper - Dredd??? I'm as curious as an orange.

*See I used captials AND full stops so it must be really important.

There is no secret meaning, it is simply a matter of space. :) Nemesis is finished so I won't be adding to them, therefore they go to the front. I bought the Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper trades as complete collections (Stront first and Rogue second) so they go on the shelf in that order. There are more Stront and Rogue trades to come in the near future so some of the Case Files and Chopper will have to move to the other shelf. What you probably can't see (since I cropped the picture) is that there is a big bit of space after Trifecta. I have a bunch of DVDs there stopping everything from toppling over. As I add to my collection I will start to take way the DVDs until the whole shelf is nothing but thrill-powered goodies. :D

Trout

We defend your right to choose your own path.

Colin YNWA

Arh a chronological purchase system. Its bold and personalised for which you have my undying admiration.

I shudder for the browsers of your shelves and conundrum you present them but salute your maverick stance and what the heck it looks great.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 07 April, 2014, 06:01:05 AM
Arh a chronological purchase system. Its bold and personalised for which you have my undying admiration.
A friend files his music collection, which consists of several thousand items, by order of purchase. It is bewildering and, of course, even when you stumble across something you want to hear, you have absolutely no idea where to put it back.
We never really die.

James Stacey

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 07 April, 2014, 11:28:55 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 07 April, 2014, 06:01:05 AM
A friend files his music collection, which consists of several thousand items, by order of purchase. It is bewildering and, of course, even when you stumble across something you want to hear, you have absolutely no idea where to put it back.

Which surely can led to hours of fun. Find some records you know have significance to say relationships etc etc and start swapping them around without him knowing. You know just to play with his head.