Main Menu

Judge Dredd / Judge Anderson: Year One

Started by Pop Culture Bandit, 13 June, 2017, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pop Culture Bandit

I'm sure this has been covered when the books were initially released, but what do people think of the short novellas that Abaddon Books released over the past few years?

Over at Pop Culture Bandit, we've reviewed the Judge Dredd: Year One series, and have begun looking at the Judge Anderson: Rookie stories. Written by current 2000AD droids, these stories are simply spectacular and an inspired concept for a prose novel series. We'll post the latest reviews on this thread to keep you updated!

Judge Dredd: Year One

Judge Anderson: Rookie
Thanks!
PopCultureBandit

WhizzBang

Quote from: Pop Culture Bandit on 13 June, 2017, 02:01:15 PM
what do people think of the short novellas that Abaddon Books released over the past few years?

I went in not expecting much but found I enjoyed them immensely. I have not read the Anderson one but I did get the Dredd Year One omnibus, the Dredd year 2 book also and  the Rico book was also great.

I am definately 'in' to these and will buy them as they come out, but I wonder if we will see many more. There is so much Dredd material out there that I can understand why many readers may stick to the main comic line and skip over these.

Pop Culture Bandit

Here's our review of Judge Anderson: Rookie - "The Abyss", which reads like Die Hard in a mental asylum. Great fun, and action-packed!

Judge Anderson: Rookie - "The Abyss" - http://popculturebandit.com/2017/06/30/judge-anderson-rookie-the-abyss/

sheridan

One more and maybe there'll be a paper copy!