Main Menu

Doomsday Clock

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 14 April, 2019, 01:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

What I hate most about Doomsday Clock is that I like it.  I'll probably never consider it a real sequel to Watchmen - that terrifyingly uncertain ending should never have been followed up - but it has me riveted,  and all Alan Moore's characters are characterised perfectly.

I didn't want to like it, but I do.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Professor Bear

Considering how long Geoff Johns has been stripmining Moore's work, you would sort of hope he'd learned to fake it by now.

JayzusB.Christ

Never read his stuff before.  I know 2000ad, Hellblazer, Alan Moore , and Grant Morrison's old stuff,  but it kind of stops there.   
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Mattofthespurs

I'm collecting it but won't read it until it's complete.

Not expecting too much tbh.

The Adventurer

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 14 April, 2019, 06:03:40 PM
Never read his stuff before.  I know 2000ad, Hellblazer, Alan Moore , and Grant Morrison's old stuff,  but it kind of stops there.   

Johns is pretty reliable to tell a good story. His JSA series from the late 90s/early 00s is fantastic and essential reading IMO. He's one of the core architects behind a lot what's gone on at DC for about the last 20 years, and generally a good indicator of a good book. Recently he's been kinda slow on the script writing which is what's leading to these crazy Doomsday Clock delays (not the artist, Gary Frank)

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Apestrife

I found myself liking it alot more than I thought I would. It's only recently with sov meg prez cameo and the number of dc heroes making it to the scene my interest has gone down a bit. I liked it more when things were more personal. Still going to hang on to it. See what Johns is up to.

Link Prime

Doomsday Clock - nowhere near as good as Watchmen, but good enough to ensure a 12 issue commitment.