Main Menu

Upcoming Gigs

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 23 April, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacqusie

The Gomez tours keep on coming and a chance to see them back in Sheffield tomorrow, at The Leadmill for the first time in yonkers...

...bring it on...

MacabreMagpie

Off to see Skunk Anansie tonight! One of those bands who I like a bit of rather than everything but I'm really looking forward to seeing the live show.

Colin YNWA

Sebadoh at Manchester Academy 2.

Well magnificent as ever and check out Lou's 12 string.

Fantastic as they may be two things struck me.

Firstly how quiet in was, in terms of audience size. I mean Sebadoh might not be lauded in quite the same way as some Indie heroes of the 90s be damn they are a magnificent band and should be.

Secondly how lush Lou Barlow's hair is after all this time and turmoil. Rocks a glorious mop and maybe that's why it was so quiet all us aging expanding indie kids are just jealous of his lack of follical challenge?!?

GordyM

I'm accidentally going to see Gwar.
Check out my new comic Supermom: Expecting Trouble and see how a pregnant superhero tries to deal with the fact that the baby's father is her archnemesis. Free preview pack including 12 pages of art: http://www.mediafire.com/file/57986rnlgk0itfz/Supermom_Preview_Pack.pdf/file

Hawkmumbler

Yonaka later this month, Hatari in March both at Manchester Academy and Rammstein summer next year in Coventry.

hippynumber1

I have tickets for Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds for next year; I've been waiting for this for 20 odd years...

DrJomster

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 27 October, 2019, 09:38:35 PM
I have tickets for Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds for next year; I've been waiting for this for 20 odd years...

I'd be really interested to hear how that goes. And what the mix is between old and new. The last two albums are understandably different to the ones before. They are without doubt amazing live. Where are you seeing them?
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Jacqusie

30 years ago as a 14 year old, a mate & I made my our to Sheffield City hall to see Marillion. I've always meant to go see them again, but at the time was rather infatuated with them and decided I'd better broaden my musical horizons.

So may gigs later and they are touring with a full Orchestra so I popped along to Manchester Bridgewater Hall last week and wow, what a wall of noise in an amaing show. They were outstanding and worth the long wait to return back to a band still on top of their live game.

Its RIDE in a few weeks back in Sheffield and its 27 years since I first saw them, and I'm starting to feel distinctly old!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Jacqusie on 16 November, 2019, 01:00:35 PM
Its RIDE in a few weeks back in Sheffield and its 27 years since I first saw them, and I'm starting to feel distinctly old!

My good friend Bri and Mart are going to that show - if you see them say hi!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Jacqusie on 16 November, 2019, 01:00:35 PM
Blimey. Pretty sure the first time I saw them was at The Venue in Edinburgh in 1989 or 1990, but I've not bothered with the reunion.

Bjork tonight for me then one or both of Earth and FKA Twigs next week.
We never really die.

MacabreMagpie

Going to a gig in Birmingham tomorrow night and catching the last train home... slightly concerned that my stress levels will be tested as it's a Saturday, the German market is on AND there's a strike....

DrRocka

Just got back from The Wildhearts at Buckley Tivoli. Chuffin' GREAT. Best band in Britain so far as I'm concerned. The stuff from the new album sits proudly alongside old classics, not many bands you can say are just hitting the top of their game after 30 years!
Never ever bloody anything ever

Hawkmumbler

Been a bit of a sparse year for gig, but I did get to see YONAKA at Mcr Academy last week and they absolutely tore the house down. Funny how I first saw them as a lead in gig for Chemical Bros years ago but now they're doing pretty good for themselves. Chuffed!

Not much now but next year? Hatari. Rammstein. Babymetal. All in 3 months?! Gonna be a good year 2020!

Apestrife

Saw BORIS play last night. Lovely to watch them play again. They played a massive set with focus on their latest album Love & Evol and some older songs, a good mix between calm somber songs and heavy drone numbers. They ended things amazingly with Farewell.

Away from you https://youtu.be/3pjQ3LOwEr4
Absolutego https://youtu.be/9ZUhdqx9VtE
Farewell https://youtu.be/JfurUESjgmw

They're playing six shows in England this December. Check them out.

Hawkmumbler

Oh aye i'll be seeing BORIS (not our incompetent MP, thankfully) at Gorilla in Manny next month! Clear forgot about that!