Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 24 October, 2013, 05:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

I just killed her & paid the fine...

still would like to know why the spells didn't work...

jackstarr

still would like to know why the spells didn't work...
Me too.  Which spells in particular don't work, and which spells do work?  Let's see if we can pin it down.

The Doctor Alt 8

It seems to be the control  and frenzy humanoid that don't work... Every thing else... Fine.

TordelBack

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 26 February, 2014, 11:38:33 PM
It seems to be the control  and frenzy humanoid that don't work...

If only this post was in the Etiquette thread...

The Doctor Alt 8

That could be arranged...

The Doctor Alt 8

The Doctor Alt 8

Now here is a puzzler

According to game guides if you have over 75 reputation points before contracting Corpus... You do NOT have to run around all the various houses and tribes to be acknowledged Horator & Neverine as you have sufficient reputation...

Now dispite compleating the main quest.... And being acknowledged and called Neverine by all unsundry...
When I visit certain leaders... They are expecting me to complete tasks to gain their vote as Horator....

gah!

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: jackstarr on 12 February, 2014, 10:40:59 AM

m
QuoteI don't surpose once I have done THAT  that I can transfer my existing character to Oblivion? I hate to say goodbye to my humble level 70 high elf mage....

Level 70 is a good level though to reach - and by the time you've finished tribunal you can either retire the character or start adding mods to extend the possibilities for both character advancement and quests.

Level 70 is the highest you can get.... Even if I manage to get the extra two point to get 100 in conjunction... I need points to gain level 71... And being a magic user you only gain points for magic skills not anything else...

jackstarr

QuoteWHY WOULD SOMEONE DO THIS ??????
You would be shocked by some of the other mods available then.

QuoteLevel 70 is the highest you can get.... Even if I manage to get the extra two point to get 100 in conjunction... I need points to gain level 71... And being a magic user you only gain points for magic skills not anything else...
If you're a naughty magic user, and get sent to jail, you'll lose some skillpoints but not attributes - you can then take advantage of a game glitch and go to a master trainer and get trained back up to where you were before...each time doing so will contribute to your character levelling so before too long you'll gain another level.

QuoteNow dispite compleating the main quest.... And being acknowledged and called Neverine by all unsundry...
When I visit certain leaders... They are expecting me to complete tasks to gain their vote as Horator....
If you've already completed the main quest then you've already been named Hortator by each of the houses. 
Even if you're hortator, that doesn't automatically make you a master member of a house - think of the title as honorary, and a necessity in order for the Nerevarine prophecy to come to pass.
Are you instead trying to join and gain rank in the great houses?   If so, bear in mind that some quests are mutually exclusive - and depending on how you handled the main quest you might be locked out of some of the great house quests.

The Doctor Alt 8

Well I did the quests needed to officially be named horator of all three houses.... And got gifts... Robe, ring belt but you are right I joined the Morag Tong.... Got all the missing threadspinner equipment ( to be honest most of them I already aquired by just blundering about..I swear there isn't a tomb, cave deadric shrine I haven't raided.... And that includes vampire lairs....  Only some of whom regenerate.... And vampire dust is valuable... And as I am immune...

But no master will give me quests from either House Halu or the Morage Tong... Even though the game guides say that there is more available...

So I think that I will now be trying my hand at Oblivion...

jackstarr

QuoteSo I think that I will now be trying my hand at Oblivion...
If you've exhausted what you're able to do in Morrowind, then that seems like a good option.
I'm sure you'll come back to Morrowind at some stage, though!

Oblivion is a very different beast - much more immediate, and a lot less RPG - and a LOT easier!

Having said that, if you're used to Morrowind, you'll probably miss some of the things you're used to, and won't take advantage of the new features in Oblivion.

One thing I'd suggest - Unlike Morrowind, Oblivion does really need mods to get the best from it.  Start playing the game, and when you get annoyed with something we'll see how we can get it fixed.

Shall we start a new thread for Oblivion? :)

The Doctor Alt 8

Certainly... Just as soon as I get the game installed ( and I will be back to Morrowind as soon as I can get a second hand copy of Tribunal) Idiot friend mistakenly bought ANOTHER copy of Bloodmoon.
Don't worry the Oblivion is Steam free... I checked the back of the box...)