Main Menu

The New Prog & Tor Cyan.

Started by Oddboy, 25 June, 2002, 06:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Got to disagree guys, for once Tor Cyan makes sense. Tor has been wandering round with Rogues biochip for 40 years. As of yet we don't know how he came to have it in his head. Tor then discovered the history of Rogue & connected it with the chip, which he left as a mark of respect in the cemetery on Nu-Earth. Rahab, which is basically a huge bio-weapons factory sought out the biochip to begin creating new GI's. We don't know on whose behalf. Since the chip was damaged it can't clone perfect GI's. So Rahab has sought out the next best thing - a living GI.

I'm not sure where all this is leading, but it's pretty certain that Tor is Rogue, after all we're not going to accept another Friday. Maybe Rahab is working for the Clavell Corporation who wnat to start the GI project back-up & all of this is set before the introduction of Friday. Either way, I don't reckon we'll ever see Friday again. I think his blip in continuity will be erased forever. If we could only do that to the horror which became post Alpha stronty dog.

Trout

I'm with you, Matt.

This is the first time I've been even a tiny bit interested in Tor.

I just hope the continuity thing turns out okay.

This is a fine opportunity to put right the many injustices inflicted on the Rogue Trooper "franchise" over so many years.

- Indignant Trout

Matt

God who can forget Rogue, Bagman & Helm all dying in that Friday rubbish. To think that the writer thought Friday was a worthy successor to Rogue. I loved the War Machine & thought it was a great re-telling of a classic characters origins. But I hated everything that followed.

The Amstor Computer

---This is a fine opportunity to put right the many injustices inflicted on the Rogue Trooper "franchise" over so many years---

...And all being well, it will. My only worry is that it has huge potential for royally fucking the character once again, and I've got to say, it would rather put the reappearance of original Rogue in the shade.

Trout

"My only worry is that it has huge potential for royally fucking the character once again, and I've got to say, it would rather put the reappearance of original Rogue in the shade."

Yup. I still have reservations, and have had serious worries about Cyan all along.

However, this week's prog has given me hope for the first time.

Fingers crossed.

Trout

The Amstor Computer

I'm guessing that's prog 1297 you're talking about. I'm not too bothered about spoilers at this point (but don't you dare ruin Sin City or 13 for me!) so could you scribble down a rough synopsis of the episode?

Oddboy

Tor doesn't appear to remember being Rogue & it mentioned Rogue dying a century ago, does this mean that Rogue's chip was re-gened to create Tor?  Or did Rogue survive & not age, but have some memory lapse?

Either way - it's highly intreaging & has lots of guns & explosions.  Love Jock's art, works perfek.
Better set your phaser to stun.

W. R. Logan

>Sin City is great and I still cant see how it may turn out in 3 episodes time and why hasnt anything been said about dredd from 1300 on.....  

Dredd by Wagner & MacNeil. Considering the rest of the Prog is 'Retro' then look forward to something special.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79 Yahoo Group

http://www.2000adonline.com/images/page/logan.jpg">