Main Menu

Top o' the morning

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 17 March, 2024, 10:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Happy Paddy's Day, everyone.  I generally avoid Dublin for it - after the parade finishes, it all gets a bit Block Mania / Lemming Syndrome - but I'll head in today for a bit for a pint with my rocker brother-in-law, who's over for a Judas Priest gig.  I'm not a regular Guinness drinker, but feck it, I'll have one for the day that's in it, so I will, so I will.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

"Here's to you and here's to me, I pray that friends we'll always be, but if by chance we disagree, the heck with you and here's to me!"

Happy St. Paddy's, JBC - I hope the revels delight!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Top o' the mornin' to ye lads! And a Happy Paddy's Day to yerselves and fellow Squaxx.

https://i.imgflip.com/5229jb.jpg

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Thank, all.  I had a very nice day - as I say, with my brother in law and his mates, all over from Manchester for the weekend - and I'm finishing with a pint in a beer garden beside one of the small rivers in Dublin.

Paddy's day for me is always more about the start of the nice part of the year, with longer days, daffodils and cherry blossom. I tend to go all out for Bealtaine, or Beltain if you're Pat Mills, when a mate organises a massive pagan-style public May Day event with all the animal skins, mead and face paint you could hope for. I can't wait.

Edit - that's Pagan Rave in Dingle, Co Kerry, which is a free event if you fancy doing May Day like the Sessair would
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

Yeah, then as a special Gowl guest I get shown to my complementary man-shaped wicker glamping pod by thirteen topless nuns and a dwarf dressed as a goat. Thanks for the invite, but I ain't fallin' for that one again.

Sounds like you're having a grand old time there, JBC - more power to ye!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Last night I was kept awake by passing merry-makers giving a full-throated rendition of Spandau Ballet's 'Gold' – not something I'd have recognised as a traditional Irish song. They didn't know all the words, but they made up for it by singing what they did know very loud, over and over again, as they laboured up the hill past my house.
This is why nationalism is a bad thing.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

JayzusB.Christ

Sure, isn't there a crock o' the stuff at the end o' the rainbow? Me, I got home at 7 and was asleep by 8. All-day benders are a thing of the past.