Main Menu

Mega City Lon-don

Started by GordonR, 12 February, 2003, 05:02:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Well, wish me luck everyone, because tomorrow I'm supposed to be flying to New York. If I actually get there then I'll be around for the anti-war marches as well. How zeitgeisty is that?

GordonR

Denmark last week?  New York this week?

It's a hard bloody life, isn't it, arthur...

Art

Nah, I was in Dorset last week, not Denmark. I just happened to be with a Danish ex-pat and spot the Viking SS book. The North Atlantic wall  trip is later this year...

Queen Firey-Bou

good luck jammie arthur, kick some warmongering arse for me huh? see ya soon.

solidarity comrade.

Proudhuff

Although stugg having those piddly litte recon tanks send in the challengers ?

Unfortunately its the wrong kind of snow for Challengers and they are all painted a sand broon colour, not so nice in the photaes for the media circus, anyway how does a tank stop a sidewinder? ... remember those Sidewinders the CIA gave to the anti-sov forces in afganistan to bring down Sov gunships? well, they never got them all back.

P Huff daddy
DDT did a job on me

El Spurioso

Steven Seagal could kick Saddam's and Osama's butts with his hands tied behind his back.

http://www.stevenseagal.com/SSPANDA.JPG">

GordonR

Have a good time in NY, arthur.  Bring us back some pictures of the very tacky Ground Zero merchandise/memerobilia which you can apparently buy from street stalls there these days.

Oh, and don't be too alarmed if your plane has to start frantically dropping flares while making its take-off from Heathrow.  It's just a safety measure borrowed from the Russians in Afghanistan to foil those pesky heat-seeking Stinger missiles...

Art

Activate Project Fisto!http://www.timelesstrinkets.com/HeManSheRa/Images/HeManFistoCompletet.jpg">

Proudhuff

Good luck in the Big Meg, Anybody going to the Glasgow demo on Saturday : I'm the ugly sucker with the 'CAL-HAB against the war' placard.

proudhuff  
DDT did a job on me

Art

They've got a system, see? The planes go out in waves, and between the waves the tanks strafe the surrounding countryside.

W. R. Logan

if there was someone with a missile what would you rather approach them in, a ford mondeo or a tank? 8-)

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

GordonR

What madness is this?  Nit-picking about tanks?  With Wyatt still here?

Stop it now.  We'll all have a big guns-and-tanks jomboree discussion while he's fannying about in NY.  

Then he'll feel like a big fool for going off for exotic and expensive dirty weekends with his girlfriend.  That'll show him.

paulvonscott

I was thinking something like that today Si as I looked through the papers.  Panic the people into thinking war will save them.  Despite the fact that even if you obliterated Iraq from the face of the planet it probably wouldn't make an attack less likely.

In fact the war seems more aptly to make such an attack more likely I would have thought.

Isn't Saddam about 65, they could always wait and see if he just snuffs it.  Then again, they probably hoped that Castro would just drop dead.

Art

?140 quid for the flight, that?s not expensive (And with any luck the terrror alert will scare people off and we'll get upgraded). Accomodation would be the real big cost but Heathers got friends there.

The real big cost was getting them to turn the lights on the empire states building on and off to spell out "ART + HEATHER" and a big heart sign.

Jared Katooie

Wharever happened to the poor old M1 Abrams, that's what I want to know. And the Shilka's... ahhhh, Shilka's....

Godfreys too actually....

J Kat (War and scrap monger)