Main Menu

Favourite CLASSIC art droid Round 2 - Mike McMahon or Arthur Ranson

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 January, 2021, 06:25:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

McMahon for me (although, again, both of these artists are superlative).

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Andrew_J

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 January, 2021, 03:01:15 PM
I -- McMahon.

There. Sweet Jovus Colin, next you'll be asking me to choose between my children...

My feeling exactly!

Today, though, it has to be McMahon. Could be a different answer tomorrow though...

BPP

McMahon

One of the most important artists in Anglo-americian comics.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Andrew_J on 13 January, 2021, 03:58:42 PM
Quote from: Bolt-01 on 13 January, 2021, 03:01:15 PM

There. Sweet Jovus Colin, next you'll be asking me to choose between my children...

My feeling exactly!

Hey how did you see next rounds draw already?

Daveycandlish

Ranson for his consistancy.
Early McMahon is great but as his style evolved it didn't appeal to me.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

IndigoPrime

DrJomster

Ranson for Mazeworld and Anderson. Sublime work.

Don't get me wrong though, McMahon is a total god at comics too.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Colin YNWA

Super tough one this so if you have been delaying your decision as its been so hard now is the time to bite the bullet as I'll be closing this one down and annoucing the result tomorrow morning.

shaolin_monkey

Mike McMahon, although it's close. If Ranson had done a cover with monkeys on it, that might have swayed it.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well this one was pretty close. As voting started Arthur Ranson seemed to be about to course what I'd have considered an upset, all be it an understandable one give what an astonishing talent he is. As the vote when on though the votes started to roll in and

Mike McMahon

made it into the Quarter Finals. He's one of the favourites in my eyes and Artthur Ranson has run this one close. Its only going to get tougher!

broodblik

When I saw this draw I tough it would be an easy win for Mike but I see that Arthur has got a few fans as well. The later work of Mike I do not like but he has a certain quality about his earlier work that really stood out (especially Slaine). Arthur for me will always be the de facto Anderson artist.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.