Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 June, 2012, 09:35:40 PM
Laurel Halo - Quarantine: Intermittently good but really meandery.
Out of interest and being as you are one of these young people they have nowadays, do you buy music digitally or in physical form?

This album is the first thing I've bought for ages where the sleeve looks like it was intended to be seen in 12" format rather than being a shitty picture of the band or a tree or something blown up from CD size. Irritatingly, it's also the first record I've bought for a while which didn't come with a download code.
We never really die.

Frank

Bugger, I meant to thank Roger for the Laurel Halo recommendation. Thanks. Cosh; downloads mean you never have to endure the sneering condescension and B.O of a wee record shop ever again. And why would anyone ever leave the house if they didn't have to?

Since Scotland has temporarily stopped doing its usual year-long impersonation of Dankenddreer, I've raked out Major Lazer.

Roger Godpleton

I download everything off Amazon. It's got to the point where I consider anything priced over £7 to be "steep". YOU ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY, NYC CHILLWAVE BANDS.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Frank

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 18 June, 2012, 09:30:55 PM
I download everything off Amazon. It's got to the point where I consider anything priced over £7 to be "steep". YOU ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH MONEY, NYC CHILLWAVE BANDS.

I'm such a whore, I need to really like something to bother troubling the Amazon album downloader nowadays. I've got enough album track filler in my collection already. Stealing Sheep, Hermitude, and Sleighbells only get £0.79 of my love at a time.

Martin Jameson

Dexys midnight runners, or just Dexys as they're now known as, new album. Not the sort of music I'd normally listen to but I love it. Odd but good.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopmusic/9285088/Dexys-make-the-comeback-of-the-year.html

James Stacey

Wildhearts - Chutzpah! Cracking album which is high on my replay list at the moment. Also Tharg came up on facebook yesterday as a possible friend and he lists Wildhearts on his favourite music so it must be good :)

Spaceghost

Quote from: judgefett on 11 May, 2012, 03:28:25 PM
Speaking of Drokk have you heard any of Geoff Barrows 'Quakers' project? Featuring Guilty Simpson, Jonwayne and Deed amongst 30 odd other collective members- good from what Ive heard so far.

Got this and been listening to it non stop. It's fantastic. Thanks for the recommendation.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Spikes

After last nights BBC4's David Bowie Night, those impossibley brilliant Ziggy Stardust era songs have been on heavy rotation. And any excuse to rewatch this killer performance of  The Jean Genie is always welcome.

Rekaert

Mmm, music eh.

My usual disc rotation consists of,

Tom Waits
Nick Cave
Dead Can Dance
Opeth
Primordial

Not in any order.

Judo

I saw combichrist play in glasgows arches yesterday and they were brill. Great acoustics in there due to being in archways below the train lines. Great performance and good support from Surgyn too x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Mudcrab

Did they play that song about Roger's Mum?  :lol:

Good place the Arches, saw Sleep there recently, was awesome.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Judo

Quote from: Mudcrab on 28 June, 2012, 12:38:17 PM
Did they play that song about Roger's Mum?  :lol:

Good place the Arches, saw Sleep there recently, was awesome.

This shit will fuck you up? They played that and was brill cos they put in a chant of 'this shit! This shit! This shit will fuck you up!' Like how weegies do 'here we! Here we! Here we fuckin go'. Was like abloody aerobics class though way everyone was dancin. Love the cybergoth fashions too - work in bank by day, black lycra tank tops laced with neon green bondage tags by night x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Noisybast

Quote from: James Stacey on 19 June, 2012, 09:36:36 AM
Wildhearts - Chutzpah! Cracking album which is high on my replay list at the moment. Also Tharg came up on facebook yesterday as a possible friend and he lists Wildhearts on his favourite music so it must be good :)

On a related note, my copy of Ginger Wildheart's 555% triple CD extravaganza turned up last weekend and it really is a thing of true beauty. They really went to town on the production of this thing! For any who missed the limited edition triple album, the single disc retail edition - 100% - landed in shops on Monday and entered the midweek album charts at number 9. Not bad for an entirely fan-funded/promoted effort with no input whatsoever from a record company, eh?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!