Main Menu

Prog 1694 : Dog Rescue!

Started by Darren Stephens, 17 July, 2010, 09:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge MANSON

Hello Sir,

I was sad to learn that you were in a bad shape. I hope that you will take time to rest a little before running to your drawing table and bring us awesome and astonishing tales of the Judge Dredd and the Strondium Dog!!!

We want you to stay with us for eternity and behind!!! Tharg says so!!!!

Please, Sir, accept my best wishes for your recovery.

Friendly yours,
Fred MANSON
Respect the Law, Citizen! Rebel and you will pray Mercy to my gun!

Carloss

ok, I'll do my best but I think my garantee for this life runs out in about thirty years....

mogzilla

Quote from: Carloss on 24 July, 2010, 10:26:06 PM

ok, I'll do my best but I think my garantee for this life runs out in about thirty years....

we'll die together carlos ,several old men with judge dredd t-shirts leaping into an icelandic volcano ;)

dweezil2

All the best Carlos! You're an absolute legend!

Great news Cursed Earth Coburn is coming back too-loved that strip!

Stay healthy.

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 23 July, 2010, 09:11:41 PM
No problem, Doc, it's impossible to get upset for a good wishing remark said by a pretty girl

Heh... you can take the man from Spain, but you can't take Spain from the man.  :)

That is because Carlos is a well brought up young man and is therefore always polite to ladies.

wether the deserve to be polite to or not.

Kehaar

Wow  I go out of data signal & look what happens. Congratulations on the victory Carlos and I join everyone in wishing you a speedy recovery. Your 2000ad work is legendary but I'd also like to take the opportunity to say how much I've enjoyed your war work in battle and elsewhere. Thank you.
All the best, Kehaar

http://clarkythecruel.wordpress.com - mosaic novel, war-game & RPG material

http://alfiesantics....ress.com/about/ - RPG of Free Liverpool Secret Agents in a Very British Civil War

Dissecting worlds the social science in SF & Fantasy podcast @ www.geeksyndicate.co.uk

mogzilla

Quote from: Carloss on 23 July, 2010, 09:13:23 PM
p.s.  are we going to see cursed earth coburn again ?

I hope so, as I already started the first episode by Gordon Rennie, just a lapsus before carry on with Johnny Alpha saga...

ARSOM!  :D  

in all seriousness though fella,you are a legend and all of us on here are honoured to be sharing the same (cyber) space as you, take your time and get proper better .we can wait.

paul...

Kerrin

Hi Carlos,

Like many others I had no idea you had been battling such a serious illness and I'm very glad to hear you've been victorious over such a fearsome foe. It'll give me and a few other of your fans a kick up the rear end to ditch the dreaded weed ourselves.

Take care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery.

All the best,

Kerrin.

Orlok

Carlos,

When I started to get into Dredd in 1987, I didn't rate your stuff.

There, I said it.

To me, you and McMahon were the "standard" Dredd artists in my eyes and I used to appreciate the more unusual talents of John Higgins, Brett Ewins and Ian Gibson. Who are still fantastic.

Then, about a year later while reading The Executioner I finally looked at your work with something resembling proper artistic appreciation and from that moment I couldn't get enough. When I acquired the back stories, I noticed your early work on Dredd (and Strontium Dog) was fantastic and just got better. The work on The Apocalypse War was unbelievably good and remains one of my favourite stories because of your art. And still you got better and better, making me feel even guiltier about my earlier condemnations. What a fool I was.

I think it was Flint on his ECBT podcasts who said that your work is deceptively simple and I can't help but agree. You draw so well that we become used to you and the story seems to flow smoother as a result. It takes real genius to do that and still have the capacity to produce panels that take the reader by surprise. I probably reread all your stories two or three times because of the quality of the art. The latest SD stuff (though the decision to bring him back still gnaws at me) is phenomenal, though I am missing your artistic rendering of Durham Red now that Mayor Ambrose's Inga has left us.  :(

In summary, your art is legendary and you're not going anywhere, my lad. You're just too damn valuable to lose.

So, thank you for making an idiot like me a convert and know that the world is all the more richer for you being in it.

Gibson Quarter

Great, great news Carlos...thanks for stopping by to let us know.

Take some rest, get healthy then get back to the drawing board...please!  ;)

All the best,
GQ

Judge Olde

Goes without saying much more than the others have already, but good health to you & thanks for recent Dredd, really loved it.

I & I'm sure others would love to know more about how you & Hector work together...

paddykafka

Hi Carlos, just wanted to add my own best wishes to those you've already received. Great to hear that you're in recovery and that you're off the smokes as well. And if you do start to get a bit fidgety and need something to do with your hands, might I humbly suggest knitting?

Cheers!

radiator

QuoteI & I'm sure others would love to know more about how you & Hector work together...

Get a copy of Megazine issue 300!

SmallBlueThing

...and when we can expect Hector's debut solo strip in the prog?
SBT

Keef Monkey

Just want to add my voice to the well-wishers, sorry to hear about such a serious illness but it's fantastic news that you've battled through it with success! The first prog I ever bought had Necropolis in it and ever since your Dredd is the definitive Dredd for me, to many more years of your great work sir!