Main Menu

Misheard lyrics

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 04 July, 2014, 11:03:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Fungus

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

I, Cosh

This has blown my mind.

What on Earth is a "pantry boy"?
We never really die.

JayzusB.Christ

Not sure.  But it does sound a lot more Morrissey-esque than 'country boy', which he himself clearly is not.

Wonder if Grant Morrison knows this?  (Even though he's since retconned his younger self to be a loud, anarchic punk rather than the fey, quiff-sporting aesthete I seem to remember.)

Fungus

My policy used to be, if I like something, find the lyrics. It often pays off. Pantry Boy. What a wordSmith(s).

M.I.K.

I'd assume that a pantry boy is somebody whose main job is to move stuff to and from a pantry, (an insult because it doesn't take much skill to do).

I'd also assume that the pantry in question must be a hell o' a lot bigger than the one we had in our house when I was wee.

Big_Dave

someone who grew
up in the pantryside?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Big_Dave on 03 March, 2018, 07:48:57 PM
someone who grew
up in the pantryside?

Morrissey can be a bit of a pant sometimes.

Eric Plumrose

Reminded yesterday it took me thirty years to realize there is an actual reason why 'La Isla Bonita' is so titled because that's what Madge sings and not "lucky stars for Nita".
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Woolly

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 13 August, 2018, 06:24:45 AM
Reminded yesterday it took me thirty years to realize there is an actual reason why 'La Isla Bonita' is so titled because that's what Madge sings and not "lucky stars for Nita".

"Last night I dreamt of some dago.."

EddieHitler

Peter Gabriel - Games Without Frontiers

For years and years I thought the chorus was "She's so obvious" and one day whilst on you tube I thought I would have a sing-a-long as you do and pulled up the lyrics.  It appear what I thought was the above is actually "Jeux sans frontieres"

How did I get it soo wrong for soo long? :lol:

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: EddieHitler on 20 August, 2018, 03:46:41 PM
Peter Gabriel - Games Without Frontiers

For years and years I thought the chorus was "She's so obvious" and one day whilst on you tube I thought I would have a sing-a-long as you do and pulled up the lyrics.  It appear what I thought was the above is actually "Jeux sans frontieres"

How did I get it soo wrong for soo long? :lol:
To be fair, I thought it was 'she's so popular' until my late 30s. And it appears that I was far from alone: if you Google those words you'll find the song in question.

EddieHitler

I did Google it and your right!  How bizarre!

JayzusB.Christ

Well, I always thought the Violent Femmes were singing 'Let me go wild, like a blister in the sun.'

Real line: 'let me go on, like I blister in the sun.'