Main Menu

2000AD games?

Started by U.S.S.R, 10 May, 2012, 09:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

Makes sense. Cheers, Molch-R.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

WhizzBang

I heartily recommend the Rogue Trooper game (I have played it on XBox and Wii and both are great). I think it is the best 2000ad video game there has ever been, and I have probably played them all since Strontium Dog:The Killing on the ZX Spectrum (1984).

SmallBlueThing

My kids (7 and 9) would tell you that both dredd vs death on the cube and ps2 and rogue trooper on the cube are two of the BEST GAMES EVER! They love shooting things, killing vampire and norts, then running round the house calling me a 'stinkin drokker!' and burning me to death with an ian dury bullet.

All good clean fun. Lovely.

SBT

SmallBlueThing

'ian dury bullet'? I give up with this phone. Incendiary, i meant.

SBT

U.S.S.R

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 10 May, 2012, 11:14:35 PM
My kids (7 and 9) would tell you that both dredd vs death on the cube and ps2 and rogue trooper on the cube are two of the BEST GAMES EVER! They love shooting things, killing vampire and norts, then running round the house calling me a 'stinkin drokker!' and burning me to death with an ian dury bullet.

All good clean fun. Lovely.

Yep, sure sounds like a normal family to me! :)

SBT
Gays into the Fist of Dredd!

TordelBack

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 10 May, 2012, 11:16:10 PM
'ian dury bullet'? I give up with this phone. Incendiary, i meant.

I thought it was clever slang for hollow-point ammo.  Ian Dury = Blockheads = Dum-dums.

Large48

I could never get out of the training room in Dredd vs. Death.

Although found the Rogue Trooper one a bit easy finishing it very quickly.

So make out of that what you will!  :D
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Dandontdare

Quote from: Large48 on 11 May, 2012, 04:06:25 PM
I could never get out of the training room in Dredd vs. Death.

Me too! One time I got trapped under the stairs and due to some  glitch couldn't move in any direction, and the last time I tried it, I got so frustrated I just punched the judge-tutor until the SJS turned up. He's not a very good judge though - I must have been pumelling him for ages while he just kept saying "hey, watch it!" - I would've arrested me on the first punch!

SmallBlueThing

Although i dont ever play videogames (except if they involve snowboarding) even i had to have a go at Dredd vs Death. I found it frustrating and annoying and boring in equal measure... Until i figured out how to get out of the training rooms (about two months later)- then it became ABSOLUTELY ARSOM! Shooting vampires and arresting fatties was such fun. And i liked 'youre gonna feel a little prick' repeated endlessly too.

Ive not played Rogue Trooper- but ive watched the boys play it enough to know it looks hideously complicated and not for me.

SBT

shaolin_monkey

Another vote for Rogue Trooper from me! You can pick up the PC version for next to nothing these days.  If you're running Vista, it crashes during the on-rails sections, but it plays beautifully on Windows 7.  Also, if you have nVidia 3D Vision, it works extremely well on that, all except some cut scenes and the sniper bits.

I personally thing RT is the best all time 2000AD game ever - I've played through it three times. I love the interaction of Gunnar, Bagman, Helm and Rogue; it really captures their relationship.

Also, the actual gameplay is so adaptive to your own style.  Like running in all guns blazing? Great.  Love sneaking around doing silent kills? No problem. Like picking them off from afar? Easy peasy. Enjoy hunting hidden items and levelling equipment? It's all there.

It's so close to the source material too! So many settings, characters, enemy type etc appear in it.  Love it!

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

strontium71

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 May, 2012, 11:07:27 PM
it plays beautifully...the best all time 2000AD game ever...I love the interaction of Gunnar, Bagman, Helm and Rogue...Great...Love it!

But do you like it?
...because I hate you.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: strontium71 on 14 May, 2012, 09:29:39 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 May, 2012, 11:07:27 PM
it plays beautifully...the best all time 2000AD game ever...I love the interaction of Gunnar, Bagman, Helm and Rogue...Great...Love it!

But do you like it?

Nah, it's crap.

M.I.K.

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 May, 2012, 11:07:27 PMIf you're running Vista, it crashes during the on-rails sections, but it plays beautifully on Windows 7.

I have Windows 7 and still had problems, but it's fixable...

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,14595.msg663420.html#msg663420

opaque

Something based on the film would be a mistake really even if it had been possible as it would just dilute the 'real' Dredd we love here. Might as well just keep on with things like the Ipad version and maybe another pc/ps3/360 game in the future.