Main Menu

Camelot 3000

Started by Shakara, 10 March, 2004, 03:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Anyone else gonna bid on this?

I don't want to get into a bidding war with a fellow border, so if anyone else is intent on getting this I'll pick it up elsewhere.

Mr D

I might do.... But I'm not that desperate. There's a chance I still have my old copy I suppose! You go right ahead..

Shakara

Am I the only one who actually has the graphic novel?

Devons Daddy

i purchased this must be 15 years ago.
as a graphic novel.great book.

bolland did some of the art didnt he? i seem to remeber a page or two on the wall of the FP in denmark street.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Shakara

Hey did ALL of the art, man. It's a good book for that factor only

Shakara

...well...not that factor only, but if you think its DULL as some people have said, then the artwork is great, because its amazing

Byron Virgo

Peronally, I think it would have been better if it had all been inked by Bolland as well, but due to time constraints lots of it wasn't. Also, it suffered, like a lot of early work from UK artists in America, from some terrible colouring. Plus, Mike W. Barr is more what you might class as an 'old school' writer (eg. from the days when no-one even considered that comics were actually written by someone). For me the most interesting point in the whole story is at the end where the whole story of the sword in the stone starts again but on a completely alien planet. I personally would have found it more interesting to have seen the whole story told from this perspective. Still, some bloody nice art though.

ps. Anyone considering bidding on my copy on ebay should ignore what I've just said. It's a great book and the best story you'll ever read in your life. Ever.

Shakara

Yeh...right!

Everyone go re-read it!

Byron Virgo

Looks like quite a few people are bidding on it at the moment (and there was me thinking it wasn't going to sell). However, if you are unable to win it, I noticed another auction on ebay selling  #12 which no-one has bid on yet (see link at bottom of page).

If neither of them is any good, I happen to know that Comics Showcase on Charring Cross Road still have a few copies to sell. If you can't make it down there, I would be quite happy to nip in there and pick up a copy and post it to you next time I'm down that way (next week prob, as I'm working there then)for whoever might want one. If anyone's interested, just drop me a line.

Link: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2230277273&category=3983" target="_blank">Camelot 3000 #12

Wils

spend your money on another Graphic Novel as C3000 isnt that good

But it's a work of literary genius compared with Batman: Digital Justice.

Byron Virgo

Oh no! I saw that in a shop just the other day. That brought back some memories. I can't believe that when I was younger I believed that it was the same book as Dark Knight Returns. It got me really pissed off that everyone rated this story so highly. It wasn't until years later that I discovered my error.

Wils

Digital Justice ha *got* to be a contender for 'Worst Graphic Novel of All Time'.

Shakara

Now there's an idea for a thread!

Byron Virgo

It looked SOOO BAD as well. And at the time the DC marketing people kept on saying "This is the future of comics. Soon all comics will look like this".

It's no wonder the industry took a nosedive.