Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banners

Turns out the video camera we ordered doesn't have a jack for an external mic - even though I assumed this was a standard feature on camcorders made since 1985 - so we'll have to send it back.

M@

Peter Wolf

Someone round here somewhere very close to where i live is cultivating Skunk.I have been at home most of the day with the window open and i keep smelling wafts of it when the breeze blows through the window.Also i have been outside twice and i noticed the smell outside by the church.Sometimes its smells very strong and other times it barely noticable.

There it is again now as i type.

Its a bit irritating as personally i dislike skunk and never smoke it as its like brain - rot.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

SmallBlueThing

Because my cat just vomitted on the top of the cooker.

SBT

House of Usher

Quote from: PeterWolf on 09 September, 2009, 05:27:40 PM
Someone round here somewhere very close to where i live is cultivating Skunk.I have been at home most of the day with the window open and i keep smelling wafts of it when the breeze blows through the window.Also i have been outside twice and i noticed the smell outside by the church.Sometimes its smells very strong and other times it barely noticable.

Ugh. That stuff stinks. Vile. You know, I haven't had to smell that since I stopped taking the bus.
STRIKE !!!

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: House of Usher on 10 September, 2009, 12:05:18 AM
since I stopped taking the bus.

Cue one hundred eyes peering at this thread and, in their paranoia, wonder what 'the bus' is, and where they can get some.

SBT

TordelBack

The real problem with 'the bus' is that you can start using it really cheaply as a kid, and then as the years go by they just keep jacking up the price.  Next thing you know, you're paying €30 for an unending nightmare on 'coach'.  And then there's the return 'trip' to look forward to.

Odd_Bloke

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 September, 2009, 04:50:38 PM
The real problem with bus is that you can be using it really cheaply as a kid, and then as the years go by they just keep jacking up the price. 

I recently worked out that it's cheaper to buy a single from Canley to Coventry (3 minutes on the train) with PlusBus (a nation-wide scheme that allows you to use buses with your rail ticket for a small surcharge) using a Young Persons Railcard (£2.45) than it is to buy a Daysaver on the bus (£2.90).

Awesome.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: PeterWolf on 09 September, 2009, 05:27:40 PM

Ugh. That stuff stinks. Vile. You know, I haven't had to smell that since I stopped taking the bus.

I always smell it in the street as well and i am sick of the smell of it and i get sick and tired of the type of people who openly smoke it in the street.

I just hate the stuff .

House of Usher

It's practically cheaper to get a return ticket from Cardiff to Newport than it is to get a return ticket from Cardiff to another part of Cardiff.
STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Quote from: PeterWolf on 10 September, 2009, 05:06:27 PM
I always smell it in the street as well and i am sick of the smell of it and i get sick and tired of the type of people who openly smoke it in the street.

I just hate the stuff .
With you 100%.  I really don't like the smell, but the audacity of scum using what we ought to remember are ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES IN THE STREET practically has me reaching for my Lawgiver mkIII and thumbing it to "incendiary".
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

Peter Wolf

Seems like the debt [140 quid] that i allegedly owe Paypal has come back to haunt me again.

I got rid of the last bunch of debt collectors who were attempting to recover the debt by calling them out and asking them by letter to provide evidence that the debt was mine which they failed to do because i never heard another thing about it.I used various other tactics as well because their methods of collecting the debt were illegal and unlawful.

Today i got another final demand from another different bunch of cowboys who trade as a privatised debt recovery agency whose practices and methods are again illegal and unlawful and contravene trading standards and even contravene govt guidelines.

This is what happens when an industry is more or less unregulated.

A pain in the arse and a waste of my time so now i have to go through the whole process again and write another letter that warns them of my intentions that i am disputing the debt and is requesting to see evidence of how the debt was incurred and how i am liable and points out to them how they should do their job as if i have nothing better to do.

If they fail to do this then they can Fuck Off and i will deny them implied right of entry onto the property.

On the plus side should this matter ever go to court then i have all this evidence of their malpractice that will help my case and most probably win it.

House of Usher

Fucking car dealerships again!  >:(

The service centre where I left my car this morning advertises a closing time of 7.00pm. I have had to leave my car with them three times now for the same problem because they keep getting faulty components delivered and fitting them without checking them. This third go is the one time nobody has phoned me to say the job is finished. On every previous occasion they've phoned as soon as they were done with it for me to come and collect it. I phoned them after 6pm to find out what's happening, and a salesman tells me everyone in the servicing department has gone home, the servicing department is only open until 7pm as advertised on the website for receiving vehicles for repair, not for returning the keys of repaired vehicles to their owners. They've all fucking well gone home, and despite the business still being open for another 45 minutes for sales, there's no-one there who's allowed to give me my key back or look at the service paperwork, so my car has got to stay there until 9am tomorrow! I remember telling the guy on the counter twice that I needed the car back tonight because I have a job to drive to first thing tomorrow morning.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

There were a bunch of children hanging around the chip shop and the doors were open. I had half a mind to pick up one of their bikes and launch it at one of them. I think the kid in the Chelsea shirt was the ringleader but the kid with long hair looked like too much of a fucking douchebag for him to go unpunished.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

TordelBack

QuoteThere were a bunch of children hanging around the chip shop and the doors were open. I had half a mind to pick up one of their bikes and launch it at one of them. I think the kid in the Chelsea shirt was the ringleader but the kid with long hair looked like too much of a fucking douchebag for him to go unpunished.

Looks like Mary's offspring have spread beyond Ravensglade.

Dandontdare

When people leave their bikes lying IN THE DOORWAY of shops, I make a point of stepping with all my 13 stone on the wheel as I step over - oops!