Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

I remember being very suspicious of CDs in the mid-1980s because of the unit cost and the small surface area for sleeve artwork, and space considerations, because the jewel case was double the width of a long player record sleeve.

I bought a midi system in 1987, which, of course, came with an external CD player which sat underneath. Apart from All About Eve in 1988, and Disintegration by The Cure in 1989, and upgrading a couple of Sisters of Mercy albums, I continued to buy vinyl until I went to university with a JVC portable CD player and no record player.
STRIKE !!!

COMMANDO FORCES

I asked an ebay seller in France if he was prepared to post what he is selling to the UK.
I received his reply earlier and here it is for all to marvel at:-

'GOOD NIGHT COMES TO SEARCH IT HER WILL MAKE YOU VACATION ' :o :-\ :crazy:   

I have sent a polite reply to see if that means Yes!

COMMANDO FORCES

Well I won't be buying this item, as his answer is this:-

'I DO NOT SEE CODAY MAKING GROWTH UNE LIVRAISON LE INTERVENTION AT HOME COME TO SEARCH IT HER DOMICILE WILL MAKE DES VACANCES' ::)

TordelBack

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 February, 2010, 07:13:24 PM

'I DO NOT SEE CODAY MAKING GROWTH UNE LIVRAISON LE INTERVENTION AT HOME COME TO SEARCH IT HER DOMICILE WILL MAKE DES VACANCES' ::)

Time to earn your pay Cyberleader2000 - we need a translation!

I, Cosh

Pick it up when you come to France on your holidays.
We never really die.

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 23 February, 2010, 07:13:24 PM
Well I won't be buying this item, as his answer is this:-

Not sure if French or English is their first or even second language.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

TordelBack

I, Cosh

I thought CF would already have a manual for his Judge Dredd pinball machine...
We never really die.

TordelBack

Nooo!  I've just discovered my Lithuanian neighbours are moving out!  No more work and they're heading back home.  My lovely quiet clean helpful friendly non-nosey but most importantly tolerant neighbours!  Four years of peace and amicability coming to an end.  What twisted circus freaks will replace them behind the paper-thin walls I dread to think.  F**k this recession, just f**k it.

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: The Cosh on 23 February, 2010, 09:48:13 PM
I thought CF would already have a manual for his Judge Dredd pinball machine...

I have the manual, just not the thing itself. After a lot of emails about dimensions and how it can be taken apart (not from this loon, I must add) to get round the corner at the bottom of the stairs and into the cellar, I still don't know if it'll fit.
The starting price on this was worth a punt as if I can't get it in there it would live in the conservatory until I sort the shed out and then be placed in there.
I may give him one more email and use an online translater to say "WILL YOU SEND THIS TO ENGLAND, YES OR NO?" and see what happens. I thought about just writing L'angleterre Oui or non? but God knows if he'd understand that!!!!!

House of Usher

You should enlist the help of Garth Ennis to write the email. He's good at making up French!
STRIKE !!!

Banners

When I unplugged the USB cable from my phone last night, the USB socket came with it. The socket is now attached to the end of the plug, and my handset has a big hole in the side where the USB socket used to be.

No more data transfer then, but the phone still seems to work...

M@

Kerrin

I'm having to do performance reviews for the assembly team I run at work. It's amazing how defensive some people can get at the mention of the word "performance".

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: TordelBack on 24 February, 2010, 06:06:54 PM
Nooo!  I've just discovered my Lithuanian neighbours are moving out!  No more work and they're heading back home.  My lovely quiet clean helpful friendly non-nosey but most importantly tolerant neighbours!  Four years of peace and amicability coming to an end.  What twisted circus freaks will replace them behind the paper-thin walls I dread to think.  F**k this recession, just f**k it.

What have I told you about not notswearing?
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

House of Usher

I had a day of work sick this week, and have felt pretty tired all round, both during and following my recuperation. As a result I dropped my (really old) phone as I was leaving work today and it broke. It won't switch back on again and I'll have to buy a new one.

I'm just glad it didn't fall down the drain I was passing when it leapt out of my hand!
STRIKE !!!