Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

Why? Then you would have saved the time you spent urgently stabbing buttons trying to get it come back on.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Tiplodocus

It's half one in the morning and I've only just finished writing my blurb for tomorrow night's compering gig for the local choir.  I've not even had time to run it through.  Not exactly rock and roll lifestyle but, what the heck.

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Kerrin

The cans and plastic bottles recycling bin just blew over.

Richmond Clements

This doesn't happen often, so I shall savour the moment:

QuoteI had a day off work sick this week

TordelBack

Or:

Quote from: House of Usher on 26 February, 2010, 12:39:40 AM
I had a day of work, sick, this week, and have felt pretty tired all round...

He might just have worked one day, while sick.  Ugly sentence, but you know Usher, he's all about  the sloppy grammar.

johnnystress

A while ago I bought a figurine of Frazetta's Sea Witch for a few euro in a bargain shop

I remember at the time thinking it's not worth much so I may as well throw away the box

Now I find that it was a limited edition and is now worth over ten times what I paid for it-- if it's in its original box

damn it

COMMANDO FORCES

My street has permit parking, well the bottom half does, where I live. This year the council are making us pay £25 to have our permits. I popped into the offices earlier and asked them why I should pay when only half the street has the bayed areas. A load of bollocks came back.
I then asked how many permits have they issued as there is only room for about 40 cars. She wouldn't say, so I said I'm going through the freedom of information act to find out, as I reckon they will flog at least double the amount of spaces available.
Finally I said you can stuff it, as I will just park 100 yards up the street from now on and if you make that permit parking (which I doubt they will) I would rather pay a thousand pounds to make the front of my house have a drive than give this corrupt council £25 (it has one but the previous owners put a large planter there and we just left it there but she doesn't know that).

Mike Gloady

Quote from: House of Usher on 23 February, 2010, 11:15:27 AM
That's quite sucky.

When I went to see Titanic the film cut out for about 10 minutes. When it resumed with a chunk missing I got up and walked out and asked for tickets for the next showing, but over 100 people just sat there complacently and watched to the end. I guess they figured they weren't really missing anything and that life's too short to sit through the first hour of Titanic a second time.
Or indeed the first time. 

I'd call it a lucky escape.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

House of Usher

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 26 February, 2010, 09:10:26 AM
This doesn't happen often, so I shall savour the moment:

QuoteI had a day off work sick this week

Quote from: TordelBack on 26 February, 2010, 10:32:04 AM
Or:

Quote from: House of Usher on 26 February, 2010, 12:39:40 AM
I had a day of work, sick, this week, and have felt pretty tired all round...

He might just have worked one day, while sick.  Ugly sentence, but you know Usher, he's all about  the sloppy grammar.

Ha! You rotten sods. In my defence, I've not been well!
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

My bike has a broken pedal.The spindle that the bearings of the pedal run on is seized up so it wont loosen.I took the bike into a bikeshop to sse if they could help.They were saying that if the spindle wont loosen then it would be a more expensive job to drill it out and and rethread a new spindle or possibly replace the chainset as well.They said something about replacing the crankshaft although the crankshaft has nothing to do with the pedals  :-*

Anyway to save all that i suggested just leaving the the old spindle in place and fit a new pedal onto the existing spindle to save money and time.

"OH NO We would be unwilling to do that" but they would not explain WHY they wouldnt do it but they said something about not wanting to mix and match.

How does this make any sense ?

They are contradicting themselves as they didnt object to mixing and matching a new chainset onto an old bike and creating more work but they wont do the easiest option which is what i asked for so since they wont do what i ask then i will borrow a sprocket set and do it myself.Natrually if i am paying someone to do a job then they do what i say without question.I dont have any time for twatting about with idiots like this and especially not over a twenty minute job but it seems like i was wasting my own time by even asking.

The guy in the shop was a Twat and one of those types who smile at you while being offhand which made it worse.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

Tumble Dryer died today so off to get a new one tomorrow. Just looking on Comet site and most expensive one is £669, for a fucking tumble dryer.
Sod that I'll go up to about £200, some people have more money than sense (and that's coming from me) what sort of hot air and tumble action do you get for an extra 469 quid. Jesus this cheap old one we have now lasted 11 years.

vzzbux

Less money spent of a dryer the more for 2k stuff.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

TordelBack

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 27 February, 2010, 08:54:34 PM
... what sort of hot air and tumble action do you get for an extra 469 quid

That's the thing about tumble-driers.  Most white goods push their upper-price models on energy efficiency, you can expect an extra 50-100 per grade, allegedly recouped with interest over the unit's life. But with tumble-driers it's almost senseless- they're about 3-4kWh per cycle - the only real differences seem to be condensor/vent, a choice basically made for you by the layout of your home.  

If you're using one more than once in a blue moon you don't probably care about 'leccy bills (or have threatened the meter reader into complicity  ;)), or CO2 emissions or owt like that.

COMMANDO FORCES

Tumble Dryer bought  :'( it cost £200 but had a £10 saving and if you bought and collected it on the web you could save another 10% by entering a special code. So I paid £170.99 which I took from the house fund and not the Dredd fund ;)

Took old one to the dump and did a Slaine on it, lifted it above my head and threw it down onto the concrete 20 ft below, just to see it smash to pieces, very theraputic indeed.

TordelBack

Grrr, my brother-in-law's stag do is on the same night as his fiancée's... which the missus has already booked into.  And I just discovered there's a sailing boat involved!  (I love boats)  So instead of debauchery on the high seas I'm on childcare duties.  Looks like it's another night of exposing myself on Chatroulette then...