Main Menu

Podcast : Glenn Fabry & John McCrea

Started by Marbles, 13 August, 2007, 07:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Oh I agree- the detail that went into the strip- the costumes and weapons- was fantastic.
Especially the Archers.

Richmond Clements

You're right Funt.
That reminds me of the time a tourist asked me for directions. They were looking for a Tourist Informaton centre in the local town, and I was able to direct them to it.
'It's just there,' I told them, 'By Kerr Grove.'

I hate myself.

Funt Solo

Sorry to go off topic, but I wonder if a fletcher exclusively uses Deadwood.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richmond Clements

Anyway, back on topic!

Fabry amf MacCrea are nice guys. You know what I like? I like that JOhn comes along to conventions with his wife and child, and makes it a real Family Affair.

Can I be bannned now?

ThryllSeekyr

So Funt, was I wrong. Pretty sure sure I was spot on with that one, buit I can't be assed enough to dig out my progs back myself up or find out I'm horrible worng.

Johhny Stress, Is that true that Old One eye is translated as Sullivan in Gaelic.

Also the name of a old Australian soap opera set during World War two years.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X02Fk20d6zQ" target="_blank">The Sulli-Fomorians

http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au/images/years/1976/the_sullivans.jpg">

johnnystress

yeah- Sullivan comes from "Súil Amháin"- i was cracking a joke to continue the soap opera sub-context of this thread, we got that soap opera here too.

Wils

Can I be bannned now?

How about just being made a Prisoner? Where do you fancy being locked-up, Richmond? Hill on the Isle of White ok? Don't think there's an airport near, so it won't matter if you've got a fear of Flying. Doctors there would sort you out, anyway (you know how eager Young Doctors can be). The prison itself is  in a nice location, out in the Country. Practice being good and you might be up for release soon!

Phew!

DavidXBrunt

Noisybast

"Tsk! Don't be a nob, Noisy."

But... what else am I supposed to to do?
It's too late to retrain now!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Dudley

I think you're just a casualty of his caustic wit, Noisy.  

Back to Irishisms: I've done some investigations and it turns out that in the old days, the Irish pronunciation of the letter "b" was different - very clipped, almost inaudible.  Dubliners were known for their fuller, more rounded way of saying that letter, though: a peculiar (to other Irish people) accent that led to Dublin Town being known as "whole B City"

satchmo

You fool rac, everyone knows Knots Landing was better than Falcon Crest! :)
I live in Durham, and 20 miles up the road in Newcastle, folks pronounce some words so differently that my parents couldn't understand my neighbours when I lived there. You'll find similar situations pretty much everywhere I would think, it's just how language evolves.
One thing everyone in this story agreed with though is that its Slain, not Slawnie or whatever.
And it's still pie-zen, I'm not letting that one go :)

Funt Solo

I'm with you on the pie-zen, satchmo.  I don't care what the writer says.  Paralizzen pizzen, my arse.  As the Greeks used to say.

Apparently, all the ancient greek opera singers used to use the paralyzing venom of the cone-snail on their testes in order to alter their natural voice ranges.  All of 'em - the tenors, the baritones, The Sopranos...

Oh, dear Grud, somebody make it stop!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++