Main Menu

DREDD 3D EMPIRE LEICESTER SQUARE SAT 8TH 20:45

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 04 September, 2012, 04:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Broadway

Judge Burdis - I'd love to come. Can you secure a place for me and a friend?

Thanks Glenn.

COMMANDO FORCES

Bat King

I would love to...

IO've priced up train, can't afford it a 2nd time so close together :( Looked at coaches and as I am working looks like I can't do it. I'd arrive at Victoria 20:25 if it was on time. Then I gotta get to cinema...

20:45 is 'doors open' time? Adverts n trailers after that? Film starting about 21:00??? If so I might be able to make it... SO TEMPTING!!!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Mardroid

I'd love to as well but I hear there's a family friend's wedding coming up on a Saturday, and it might well be this Saturday.

I'll be able to find out the date this evening though - hoping the seating doesn't need to be finalised by then? Considering the time of the showing I think I'd likely still make it, but I'll obviously confirm the wedding time first. (I believe it's early afternoon.) I'm not that fussed to go to the reception.

Banners

[Off Topic]

Speaking from recent experience, this slap-dash attitude to wedding attendance really is not on (even where Dredd's concerned). The Bride & Groom and their families will have gone to a lot of effort to arrange a wide array of logistics including seating, food, drinks and favours etc. - no doubt at some considerable expense. Weddings are a big deal, and if you can't go, that has implications. The hosts will understand that not all the guests can make it, but the very least you can do is decide and inform them of your non-attendance in good time, and not just turn up if you feel like it or have nothing better to do.

[/Off Topic]

Mardroid

Quote from: Banners on 05 September, 2012, 03:25:15 PM
[Off Topic]

Speaking from recent experience, this slap-dash attitude to wedding attendance really is not on (even where Dredd's concerned). The Bride & Groom and their families will have gone to a lot of effort to arrange a wide array of logistics including seating, food, drinks and favours etc. - no doubt at some considerable expense. Weddings are a big deal, and if you can't go, that has implications. The hosts will understand that not all the guests can make it, but the very least you can do is decide and inform them of your non-attendance in good time, and not just turn up if you feel like it or have nothing better to do.

[/Off Topic]

I'll be attending the wedding regardless even if it clashed with the cinema attendance. I can still see the film at a later time, and even if I couldn't that's not the issue as I don't think it's on to disregard prior commitments.

As you mention 'seating and food' you're obviously referring to the reception as well, and I'll admit my attitude was pretty slap-dash there. I guess I thought just me not turning up wouldn't be a big deal, but I wasn't really thinking it through, so thanks for bringing that to mind. You're absolutely right. (I'm not being sarcastic there. I like to think I'm not selfish but I guess I can be absent minded, so a quick poke showing me things from the other perspective is helpful.)

Anyway. Hopefully it won't be this Saturday. If it is, I won't come to this, unless it's all wrapped up early, reception included.

Banners

Mardroid

Quote from: Banners on 05 September, 2012, 03:59:00 PM
Cool - sorry if I sounded grumpy(!)

No worries mate. I needed the wake-up call, and you stated your point well in a non confrontational way. And it seems you may have had a bit of aggro, so I can understand my post hitting a nerve. I hope you still had a good day.

Anyway, I just found out the wedding is for Saturday week, so all good.  CF please put me down for a seat. Will payment be at the door? Or do you require payment for pre-booking?

COMMANDO FORCES

Payment will be at the door. I'm contacting the manager tomorrow with the numbers and it will all be sorted then.

Stu101

Have fun guys, would love to have made it. I guess thats one of the joys of living near the big smoke...
You do weddings & bar mitzvah's CF?  :lol:

Bat King

Just to confirm... I can't make it (or more accurately I am being sensible n not putting another £61.00 on my credit card)

Can see the film 6 times in Leeds for the same as that train fare... Will be going tomorrow, alone or with my son (he is awaiting hospital treatment so might miss out) then possibly next week with work colleagues, then again with my son if he misses out tomorrow. A friend will only go to see it in 2D but it isn't in 2D at my normal cinema - so I'll shop around.

So, in summation, my train ticket is better spent seeing the film multiple times n boosting the box office result.

Oh and remember, piracy on this affects us if it steals a sequel. Get on the case of anyone you hear saying 'Oh, I'll download it.' - not heard anyone say it myself, but there will be pirates & there will be folk downloading. Happens all the bloomin' time.

While posting this a colleague came over to me to chatter excitedly, looks like the viewing next week is definitely on, day to be confirmed as another collerague who is going isn't in today.  RESULT!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

MR. ELIMINATOR

Hopefully the lack of 2d screenings will make it harder for pirates to get a good copy. Who the hell would download a cam of a already blurry picture?

Proudhuff

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 06 September, 2012, 01:32:19 PM
Hopefully the lack of 2d screenings will make it harder for pirates to get a good copy. Who the hell would download a cam of a already blurry picture?

wasn't that the point of 3d?
DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

I think this piece from facebook tells you that it's happening at 20:45

Me and Judge Court will be on patrol for the 18:15 showing and our showing at 20:45. We'll be up to all sorts of things and the seating has been sorted by the manager for a group of up to 20 people at the moment. I have names from facebook, pm's and emails as well as from here!
I'm sure you will see us, especially as we will be watching the film in uniform, some photo ideas there. Just make yourself known and I'll sort you out on the night.

Bring a camera!

Goaty