V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Hoagy

That's the longest looking pistol barrel I've seen Dredd point around before this.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

daviebond

Where do I go to reclaim that wasted time  :'(

darnmarr

Oh come on,- I thought this was fantastic!

Yes, it makes everything I've seen from the as-yet-unreleased Minty, look like Oscar-winning material in comparison; but it's a zero-budget, labour-of-love, made by some kids with a camcorder in 1992! ( what did you do with your time that summer?), and at least they finished it!(dig,dig Minty crew)

I say 10 out of 10 for effort. I'm sure a lot of work (if not money or acting skill) went into it, and, as a story, you cant say it isn't pretty faithful to the spirit of the strip. I say 'well done' because at the end of the day, as  wonderfully absurd as it the whole thing looks,( and what ever else you can say about the 'acting' and 'cinematography' ) somebody who loves the comic clearly enjoyed themselves with this -and if nothing else, that prosthetic chin demonstrates a special level of commitment to the source material.

Glenn Broadway

I've just realised who that prosthetic chin reminds me off - Robbie Rotten from Lazy Town!

Tiplodocus

I always thought a basic rule of entertainment was that the audience should have more fun watching it than the crew had making it.

I'm not sure they were even faithful to the character though.  I don't recall a bit in the comic where Dredd, when cornered without ammo, looks all scared and takes a step back in fear.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Quote from: darnmarr on 09 November, 2011, 10:32:29 AM
I say 10 out of 10 for effort. I'm sure a lot of work (if not money or acting skill) went into it, and, as a story, you cant say it isn't pretty faithful to the spirit of the strip. I say 'well done' because at the end of the day, as  wonderfully absurd as it the whole thing looks,( and what ever else you can say about the 'acting' and 'cinematography' ) somebody who loves the comic clearly enjoyed themselves with this -and if nothing else, that prosthetic chin demonstrates a special level of commitment to the source material.

Hear hear! it may be a bit crappy, bujt you can feel the fan-love radiating off it!

The Legendary Shark

Heh, I enjoyed that. Loved the way they got around not having a convincing Lawmaster by just having it zip past like a bullet. As has been said, 10/10 for effort. (Also, there's a "Yodelling Instructor" in the credits - very MC1!)

Thank you for finding this and sharing.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Eric Plumrose

I love the trouble they didn't go to with the opening text.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

radiator

The opening v/o is absolutely demented.