Main Menu

2000AD Aug/Sept Art Comp: We're All Going On A…

Started by Jim_Campbell, 16 August, 2010, 03:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Greg M. on 29 August, 2010, 10:10:19 PM
It is less a snapshot, more a souvenir received by Bad Company's Danny Franks...

Brilliant! Made my evening.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

SuperSurfer

Good one Greg. We don't get enough Bad Company round these parts.

JT Pegg – permit me to add my voice to the chorus of... like, wow.

Greg M.

Cheers for the kind words, guys, jolly nice of you and much appreciated. In retrospect, I think I should have had the label read 'MALCOLM-XL' but that's hindsight for you.  :)

TordelBack

Brilliant gag, Greg, quite inspired!  Now if only you'd done in in MS Paint like the pros...

Judge Olde

JT - how long did they take you? Both worthy covers for 2k

& Danny Franks, how I miss him

Jake Lynch

Quote from: Judge Olde on 30 August, 2010, 06:44:51 PM
JT - how long did they take you?

I can't remember how long the Pat Wagon took as I can only 'dabble' at these pics (an hour here, a hour there).  However, I do know that the Dredd file was created, 22/08 and I finished 26/08, so four days, on and off.  What that breaks down in hours, I don't know...
@ArtDroid_Lynch

Kev Levell

Amazing work. Great website too.
I'd love to see some sequential stuff.

Emperor

Amen.

Quote from: JTPegg on 28 August, 2010, 08:19:14 PM
Quote from: Van Dom on 27 August, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
Send those two pics to Tharg. Seriously!
I'm glad you enjoy the pic - I don't know how interested Tharg is in poster-stuff.  I think he'd prefer to see some strip work.

The pic and a follow-up nose round your site might be enough to get a cover thrown your way but best strike while the iron is hot. The sample scripts can be found here:

www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,27411.0.html

There are 4 more Dredds on Barney, so it'd be an idea to read them through so you can pick just the right one. You can also get plenty of feedback from that thread if you want it.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Darren Stephens

At the risk of sounding like an parrot...great stuff, JTPegg. Very insightful breakdowns of your working process, too.  :D
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Jake Lynch

Quote from: Emperor on 31 August, 2010, 06:14:32 PM
Amen.

Quote from: JTPegg on 28 August, 2010, 08:19:14 PM
Quote from: Van Dom on 27 August, 2010, 09:50:12 PM
Send those two pics to Tharg. Seriously!
I'm glad you enjoy the pic - I don't know how interested Tharg is in poster-stuff.  I think he'd prefer to see some strip work.

The pic and a follow-up nose round your site might be enough to get a cover thrown your way but best strike while the iron is hot. The sample scripts can be found here:

www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,27411.0.html

There are 4 more Dredds on Barney, so it'd be an idea to read them through so you can pick just the right one. You can also get plenty of feedback from that thread if you want it.

Thanks for the feed-back.  I have had a look at a few of the strips and have selected one to try.  Will keep you ALL informed...
@ArtDroid_Lynch

amberkraken

Wow!

Loved that flash photography is compulsory on Sunday!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Postcard from the hell. Swim in the balmy sea of the Black Atlantic. :)
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

SuperSurfer

Bloody good, IAMTHESYSTEM.

(See what I did there?)

Darren Stephens

Thats really great IAMTHESYSTEM. I have that tagline on my 'work in progress' effort.  :-[ Damn my slow drawing skillz...Mmm, gonna have to rack my nogging for another take on it.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^