Main Menu

Fallout 4

Started by Link Prime, 02 June, 2015, 04:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacob g

Quote from: Grugz on 31 December, 2015, 12:35:29 PM
I have the French robot , still cant find any more vaults other than 81 and 114 ,are there any more cities like diamond city?

If I remeber this right... There's only two more, the one I know for sure is located on the edges of glowing sea (vault nine something).
margaritas ante porcos

jacob g

Still playing Fallout, still with Curie as a companion and I don't know if this is a thing that applies to intelligence of all of the companions or only Curie. The thing is, after making contact with enemy she ALWAYS starts with saying something like this "fight, not again, why can't we talk", she fires a few shots, and then switches to the long sword (yes, I equipped her with a sword) and then she runs headfirst into the enemy (while I'm crouching and hidding). Full Conan mode.

I found this hillarious but odd at the same time .
margaritas ante porcos

James Stacey

Yeah Curie seems to like getting in hand to hand. No idea why

Grugz

the little minx seems to like killing radstags for no reason...

I am spending way too much time on this (hardly touched witcher 3)  level 51 and finally found the institute after spending ages  trying to get my teleporter to work... and [spoiler]my bay boy is all grown up and running the place...cue choice later in the game wether I have to kill him [/spoiler]
still loving this game except the cloaking assultrons...hate those guys.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

jacob g

Quote from: Grugz on 16 January, 2016, 10:24:18 PM
the little minx seems to like killing radstags for no reason...

I am spending way too much time on this (hardly touched witcher 3)  level 51 and finally found the institute after spending ages  trying to get my teleporter to work... and [spoiler]my bay boy is all grown up and running the place...cue choice later in the game wether I have to kill him [/spoiler]
still loving this game except the cloaking assultrons...hate those guys.

I like how this game uncovers some things regardless of the game level. I was in the institute when I was at level 29 but TBH I totally ignored everything for BoS (I just can't stand this part of game).
margaritas ante porcos

Professor Bear

The factions probably aren't level-locked, as they represent the main questline of the game.
While the Brotherhood have all the nice stuff like Vertibirds and power armor, it never sits right having to side with a fascist organisation obsessed with looting and hoarding all the wealth and technology they can while espousing a disciplinarian creed that hinges on genetic purity, so for all its faults, it had to be The Institute for me - continuing [spoiler]Shaun's[/spoiler] legacy is a neat continuation of Fallout 3's themes.

Also just done the Dunwich Borers dungeon area proper (first visit was just me exploring): EEK!  Another nice callback to Fallout 3.

Grugz

just done that one too, is it me or are the feral ghouls not scary any more? in 3 dunwich house was a scary experience now the ferals are just cannon (or shishkebab) fodder.
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

jacob g

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 17 January, 2016, 03:24:14 PMAnother nice callback to Fallout 3.

This remainds me I still haven't done quest with [spoiler]Doctor Li[/spoiler].
margaritas ante porcos

Link Prime

Quote from: Scolaighe Ó'Bear on 17 January, 2016, 03:24:14 PM
The factions probably aren't level-locked, as they represent the main questline of the game.
While the Brotherhood have all the nice stuff like Vertibirds and power armor, it never sits right having to side with a fascist organisation obsessed with looting and hoarding all the wealth and technology they can while espousing a disciplinarian creed that hinges on genetic purity, so for all its faults, it had to be The Institute for me - continuing [spoiler]Shaun's[/spoiler] legacy is a neat continuation of Fallout 3's themes.

Yeah, but I still get a thrill when some power-armoured Brotherhood yahoos call me "Sir".
Plus, how could you not respect Elder Maxsons trendy haircut?

I think I'm about done with this now, got to level 67 and have done pretty much everything (except that blasted elusive Benevolent Leader trophy....just so frustrating I don't think I'll bother).
Roll on the DLC, I'd like to revisit the commonwealth soon.

Grugz

how do you get companions to bugger off for good? curies got a bit clingy and told me she loves me!

Greg M.

And that accent doesn't do it for you? What's wrong with you, man? ;)

Professor Bear

You have to choose "talk" in your companions' interaction menu, then "dismiss" and send them to one of your settlements.

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 21 January, 2016, 06:48:50 PM
And that accent doesn't do it for you? What's wrong with you, man? ;)

Didn't see you much on this thread Greg, what was your take on it overall?

Greg M.

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 January, 2016, 12:13:21 PM
Didn't see you much on this thread Greg, what was your take on it overall?

I've mostly stayed away from the thread for fear of spoilers. I'm still playing the game - haven't finished the main story line yet, just went straight off and started wandering about randomly as soon as was possible - though I'm about at the stage where it's time to draw matters to a conclusion. I've enjoyed it, but it's definitely leaned more in the direction of first-person shooter than Fallout 3 did - I preferred Fallout 3's greater emphasis on talking or persuading your way out of problems.

I liked Curie and Nick Valentine a lot though.

Grugz

saying that I think the combat has improved,i don't rely on vats as much as I did.